Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
If you reside in Richardson, TX, you’ll enjoy the flexibility of a hybrid-remote position* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Lead development and architecture for capabilities in Foundational Capabilities suite of products
- Design and build innovative technology in a large, distributed cloud environment and drive fundamental change in healthcare industry
- Build technology that is performant, scalable, fault tolerant, cost effective and easy to operate and use
- Drive engineering excellence and be a technology leader in the organization
- Design and code the right solution that start off as broadly defined problems
- Drive alignment by partnering with product managers and stakeholders and implement solutions that integrate with larger Optum ecosystem and platform
- Work in an agile environment to deliver high quality software
- This will be a hybrid role; some days will be in office and other days will be remote
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree OR 5+ years of equivalent professional software engineering experience
- 5+ years of experience in Object Oriented Programming Languages like Java, Python, C#, etc.
- 2+ years of experience in CI/CD using Jenkins, Azure DevOps, etc.
- 2+ years of experience working with database technology
- 2+ years of experience with system design experience (patterns and practices) for performant, scalable and cost effective microservice based architecture
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Experience in cloud infrastructure provisioning using Terraform or similar automation
- Experience working with Linux and big data technology
- Experience developing front-end software using react or similar technologies
- Experience in data pipelines and data integration
- Experience working in healthcare domain
- Adept at thinking abstractly and handling complex problems
- Experience in operating a cloud based, high scale production system
- Hands-on experience working with Cloud technologies like Azure, AWS, GCS
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients, and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state, and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work. (sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Optum, UnitedHealth, Lead Software Engineer, Software Engineering, Java, Python, C#, CI/CD, Jenkins, Azure DevOps, Richardson, TX, Texas, Remote, Telecommute, WFH, WAH, #RPO, #YELLOW