Lead Software Engineer
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities?
Join our DTCC family, and you’ll grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll seek challenges with flexibility and patience, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life.
Pay and Benefits:
- Competitive compensation, including base pay and annual incentive
- Comprehensive health and life insurance and well-being benefits, based on location
- Retirement benefits
- Paid Time Off and other leave of absence
- Flexible/Hybrid Work Arrangements
Why You Would Love This Job:
The Development family is responsible for creating, designing, deploying, and supporting applications, programs, and software solutions. May include research, new development, prototyping, modification, reuse, re-engineering, maintenance, or any other activities related to software products used internally or externally on product platforms supported by the firm. The software development process requires in-depth subject matter expertise in existing and emerging development methodologies, tools, and programming languages. Software Developers work closely with business partners and / or external clients in defining requirements and implementing solutions.
The Software Engineering role specializes in planning, documenting technical requirements, designing, developing, and testing all software systems and applications for the firm. Works closely with architects, product managers, project management, and end-users in the development and enhancement of existing software systems and applications, proposing and recommending solutions that solve complex business problems.
What you will do:
- Act as a technical expert on one or more applications utilized by DTCC
- Work with the Business System Analyst to ensure designs satisfy functional requirements
- Partner with Infrastructure to identify and deploy efficient hosting environments
- Tune application performance to eliminate and reduce issues
- Research and evaluate technical solutions consistent with DTCC technology standards
- Align risk and control processes into day to day responsibilities to monitor and mitigate risk; escalates appropriately
- Apply different software development methodologies dependent on project needs
- Contribute expertise to the design of components or individual programs, and participate in the construction and functional testing
- Support development teams, testing, troubleshooting, and production support
- Create applications and construct unit test cases that ensure compliance with functional and non-functional requirements
- Work with peers to mature ways of working, continuous integration, and continuous delivery
Who We Are:
With over 45 years of experience, DTCC is the premier post-trade market infrastructure for the global financial services industry. From operating facilities, data centers and offices in 16 countries, DTCC, through its subsidiaries, automates, centralizes and standardizes the processing of financial transactions, mitigating risk, growing openness and driving efficiency for thousands of broker/dealers, custodian banks and asset managers. Industry owned and governed, the firm simplifies the complexities of clearing, settlement, asset servicing, data management, data reporting and information services across asset classes, bringing increased security and soundness to financial markets. In 2018, DTCC’s subsidiaries processed securities transactions valued at more than U.S. $1.85 quadrillion. Its depository provides custody and asset servicing for securities issues from 170 countries and territories valued at U.S. $52.2 trillion. DTCC’s Global Trade Repository service, through locally registered, licensed, or approved trade repositories, processes over 14 billion messages annually. To learn more, please visit us at www.dtcc.com or connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job function