About this role:
Wells Fargo Technology is a team of more than 40,000 information technology and security professionals who help keep Wells Fargo at the forefront of America's diversified financial services companies. Employees execute an engineering-led IT strategy to deliver stable, secure, scalable and innovative services that provide Wells Fargo global customers 'round-the-clock' banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels. Wells Fargo
Technology plays a critical role in the company's customer and employee experience, business and risk management transformation, and growth agenda.
Wells Fargo Wealth Investment Management Technology (WIMT's) mission is to deliver secure, reliable, and scalable technology solutions to our Wealth & Investment Management partners and clients through innovative designs, anchored to enterprise shared services and standards. WIM is one of the nation's leading provider of investment services, administering client assets, including deposits and loans. To support this business line, WIMT manages more than several hundred applications across team members based in the U.S and India.
Being a WIMT team member means growth and opportunity. Team members are challenged to implement IT strategy; enhance the design, development, and operations of our systems; drive and leverage an optimized Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; prioritize risk and regulatory compliance, provide information security; to enable the smooth servicing of Wells Fargo Wealth Investment Management customers.
The position is for a Sr. Java Developer – Software Engineer to provide application leadership and support to internal applications and integration support to vendor-built applications. The role requires technical knowledge of Object-Oriented programming and demonstrated skills in JAVA and Angular.
In this role, you will:
- Leading Secure Application Development
- Design, develop and maintain solutions to support key business needs
- Build and maintain high-quality, high-performance, scalable software
- Lead, mentor and provide technical leadership to teammates
- Engineer Web Pages, Core Components and Common Services in alignment with development models, languages, and standards
- Produce Design Documents
- Collaborate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Document and demonstrate solutions by writing documentation, diagrams, and code comments
- Debug and document existing systems through code analysis
- Contribute to Application management activities such as Business continuity, SDLC activities, technical refresh support, critical surveys, analysis, platform releases, patching, vulnerabilities, and system management support for Technology mandates
- Ability to work effectively in an Agile Scrum or Kanban environment.
Required Qualifications, US:
- 5+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 5+ years of front-end software engineering experience
- 4+ years of Java experience
- 4+ years of database experience
- 4+ years of Web Services experience
- An industry-standard technology certification
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- 7+ years of SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) experience
- 3+ years of microservices development experience
- Spring experience
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Agile experience
- Big Data experience
- 3+ years of UI (User Interface) experience
- Knowledge and understanding of technology architecture: distributed and client server technologies
- API programming experience with Perl, XML, REST or JSON
- Experience with cloud-based computing
- Object Oriented Design (OOD) experience
- Object Oriented Programming (OOP) experience
- Experience with major database engines including Oracle, SQL Server and DB2
- Knowledge and understanding of design and development of modern web applications and mobile technologies
- Experience building microservices based on event driven architecture and domain driven design
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.