Capital Markets company is hiring for a Lead Software Engineer!
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Mimi Nary
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $140,000 – $250,000 per year
A bit about us:
Join us if delivering next generation infrastructure, using emerging technologies like AI and Blockchain sounds like a challenge you are up for!
As a Senior Software Engineer, AVP you will contribute to the enhancement and maintenance of the CRD cloud native Alpha tools and platform as a member of a CRD Alpha development scrum team. Provide engineering troubleshooting assistance to customer support teams and other development teams within Charles River. The team you will be joining is a part of Charles River Development (or CRD), that became a part of us in 2018. CRD helps create enterprise investment management software solutions for large institutions in the areas of institutional investment, wealth management and hedge funds. Together we have created first open front-to-back platform – State Street Alpha, that was launched in 2019.
Why join us?
As Senior Software Engineer, Charles River Development, AVP you will
- Work under minimal supervision to analyze, design, develop, test, and debug small to medium software enhancements and solutions within Charles River’s business and technical problem domains
- Collaborate with Business Analysts and Product Managers to turn business requirements of moderate complexity into working and sustainable software
- Participate in the design of product architecture within the team’s scope of responsibility
- Provide thoughtful insight and suggestions in code reviews
- Write unit and automation tests to ensure a high quality end product
- Conduct manual tests to ensure a high quality end product
- Contribute to written design and API documentation, and participate in customer documentation process
- Actively participate in the agile software development process by adhering to the CRD scrum methodology including attending all daily standups, sprint planning, backlog grooming, and retrospectives
- Participate in cross-team group activities to complete assignments
What We Value
- Experience in cloud native development using Java is required
- Experience in Snowflake is a plus
- Knowledge of Kubernetes is a plus
- Able to contribute to design specs with some assistance from senior staff
- Able to work on small to medium projects with little to no supervision and on more complex tasks with moderate oversight
- Very good written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work well with peers in a collaborative team environment
- A minimum of 3 years working with an Agile development methodology strongly desired
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- B.S. degree (or foreign education equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, and Physics or other technical course of study required. MS degree strongly preferred.
- 8 to 10 years of progressively responsible professional software engineering experience preferably in a financial services product delivery setting
- 2 to 5 years of experience in financial services developing solutions for Portfolio Management, Trading, Compliance, Post-Trade, IBOR or Wealth Management is strongly desired
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.