Our world-class development team is in search of a Lead Software Engineer for Marvel Strike Force, a top grossing mobile game. This new team member will play a critical role in developing new features and systems for the game. This person will work closely with artists, designers, and other engineers to create new engaging experiences for our players.
Scopely is on a never-ending mission to create unforgettable games across multiple platforms. As part of Scopely’s family, our Boundless Entertainment studio was built by passionate game makers dedicated to crafting playful, smart, and addictively fun experiences. We care about accessibility, depth, innovation, and production values… but most of all we care about our community of players. We don't just make games, we play and love them too, making player empathy a core value for all of us. You'll be working with some of the best developers in the world from hit games and franchises including Command & Conquer, Battle for Middle-earth, Empires and Allies, and Diablo.
There are a wide variety of areas for people to work on, and we want people to work where they can both feel passionate and make an impact with what they do. Responsibilities for Engineers can include:
- Work on a multi-discipline team that will positively affect our community of players
- Work with artists, designers, and other engineers to create and iterate on game concepts
- Develop techniques for rendering high fidelity graphics on an incredibly wide range of target devices
- Help build and deploy a backend infrastructure capable of supporting millions of active users
- Improve the data pipeline, allowing us to understand how our users interact with our games and what they like to do
- Create live operations tools that allow us to update the game and create new experiences for players every day
If becoming a part of this team sounds interesting to you, and you can embody the ideals of humility, ownership, fun, and player focus, then we would love to hear from you.
What you will do:
- Experience leading, mentoring, and managing the careers of other Engineers
- Ability to work with production, design, and art to shape new features, communicate realistic estimates, and create plans for your team to execute.
- Good understanding of common production practices, with an ability to weigh their pros and cons
- Games as a service experience, with a solid understanding of common concepts and issues
- 10+ years experience in game development
- Great communication skills with an ability to express points to a wide-variety of audiences
- Solid CS fundamentals in algorithms and data structures
What you will need:
- iOS and Android API/hardware experience
- Experience with MongoDB, Redis, or similar document stores
- Full stack development experience, with an understanding of how to take a feature from start to finish
- Experience optimizing and profiling performance across different hardware specifications
- Strategy or Role Playing Games experience
- Excellent communication skills, experience working with cross-functional stakeholders of all levels of technical proficiency to gather information and requirements, discuss project status, and provide feedback as needed
- A positive, proactive, self-motivated, and engaged attitude
Scopely is a leading mobile games company home to many top-grossing, award-winning franchises including Scrabble® GO, MARVEL Strike Force, Star Trek™ Fleet Command, Looney Tunes™ World of Mayhem, WWE Champions, The Walking Dead: Road To Survival™, YAHTZEE® With Buddies and Wheel of Fortune®: Free Play, among others. Scopely creates rewarding, immersive games that empower a directed-by-consumer experience. Founded in 2011, Scopely is fuelled by a world-class team and a proprietary technology platform that personalizes gameplay at scale across one of the most diversified portfolios in the west. Recognized in Fast Company’s ‘World’s Most Innovative Companies’ and #2 on Deloitte’s ‘Technology Fast 500’ as one of the fastest-growing companies in North America, Scopely has achieved more than $1 billion in lifetime revenue by creating game experiences that are an important part of people’s lives. Scopely has global operations in Los Angeles, Barcelona, Boulder, Dublin (DIGIT game studio), London and Tokyo, with additional studios in seven countries across four continents. For more information, visit scopely.com.
Scopely is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, family or parental status, gender identity, veteran, or disability status, or other protected status.
Candidate information will be treated in accordance with our candidate privacy notice which can be found here: https://scopely.com/scopely-candidate-privacy-notice/