About this role:
Wells Fargo Wealth Investment Management Technology (WIMT's) mission is to deliver secure, reliable, and scalable technology solutions to our Wealth & Investment Management partners and clients through innovative designs, anchored to enterprise shared services and standards. WIM is one of the nation's leading provider of investment services, administering client assets, including deposits and loans. To support this business line, WIMT manages more than several hundred applications across team members based in the U.S and India.
Being a WIMT team member means growth and opportunity. Team members are challenged to implement IT strategy; enhance the design, development, and operations of our systems; drive and leverage an optimized Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; prioritize risk and regulatory compliance, provide information security; to enable the smooth servicing of Wells Fargo Wealth Investment Management customers.
The position is for a Lead Software Engineer to work with highly talented and energized team of Engineers to takes care of design, development and unit testing for WIM Advisor Platform applications. Work closely with business partners and stakeholders to provide solutions for business requirements. Responsible for working with integration partners to establish application integrations with internal and external applications. The role requires technical knowledge of Object-Oriented programming and demonstrated skills in JAVA and JAVA Script.
In this role, you will:
- Lead complex technology initiatives including those that are companywide with broad impact
- Act as a key participant in developing standards and companywide best practices for engineering complex and large scale technology solutions for technology engineering disciplines
- Design, code, test, debug, and document for projects and programs
- Review and analyze complex, large-scale technology solutions for tactical and strategic business objectives, enterprise technological environment, and technical challenges that require in-depth evaluation of multiple factors, including intangibles or unprecedented technical factors
- Make decisions in developing standard and companywide best practices for engineering and technology solutions requiring understanding of industry best practices and new technologies, influencing and leading technology team to meet deliverables and drive new initiatives
- Collaborate and consult with key technical experts, senior technology team, and external industry groups to resolve complex technical issues and achieve goals
- Lead projects, teams, or serve as a peer mentor
Required Qualifications, US:
- 7+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 5 + years of web application development experience
- 5 + years of experience with Agile tools
- 3+ years of UI (User Interface) experience using in one or a combination of the following: Angular, React JS
- 5+ years of development experience with one or more of the following: Java, C++, C#, C, or .NET
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- 5+ years of JIRA experience and working with agile framework
- Knowledge/Skills/Ability Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Knowledge/Skills/Ability Good analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- 5+ years of SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) experience
- Experience with version control or source code repositories to include: GitHub, Artifactory
- 5+ years of Spring experience
- 5+ years of microservices development experience
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment: Gradle, uBuild, uDeploy, Jenkins
- Non-relational database experience such as MongoDB
- Experience working with multiple LOB and software development teams
- Experience with Angular 8+ or Angular Js
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD) or Business Driven Development (BDD)
- Experience with Automations and Unit Testing (Jasmine/Karma, Selenium, JUNIT)
- Experience with Atlassian Tools, Splunk, AppDynamics
- Experience with Container Orchestration tools (Kubernetes, Docker, CDN technologies)
- Experience with IDE tools (VS Code, Intellij, Visual Studio)
- Experience with Cloud technologies (Azure, Pivotal Cloud Foundry)
- Experience with Mobile development, OpenFin, Salesforce
- Experience with User Interface functional design (ADA principles)
- Experience working in a large enterprise environment
- Operational knowledge and understanding of financial services product terminology
- Knowledge and understanding of application or software security such as: web application penetration testing, secure code review, secure static code analysis
- Experience working with offshore team members
- Strong presentation skills and experience in presenting to senior management
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.