At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Software Engineer to drive the engineering efforts in rebuilding a Java based, global supply chain platform within the Commercial and Corporate & Investment Banking Technology (CCIBT) Group.
The CCIBT group provides technology solutions to the LOBs and manages the application portfolios in terms of skills, stability, security, scalability, speed, and cost. Business alignments includes areas such as Capital Markets, Commercial Lending & Banking, Wholesale Digital, International, and Payments, Treasury Management Products & Customer Care.
In this role, you will:
- Lead complex technology initiatives including those that are companywide with broad impact
- Act as a key participant in developing standards and companywide best practices for engineering complex and large scale technology solutions for technology engineering disciplines
- Design, code, test, debug, and document for projects and programs
- Review and analyze complex, large-scale technology solutions for tactical and strategic business objectives, enterprise technological environment, and technical challenges that require in-depth evaluation of multiple factors, including intangibles or unprecedented technical factors
- Make decisions in developing standard and companywide best practices for engineering and technology solutions requiring understanding of industry best practices and new technologies, influencing and leading technology team to meet deliverables and drive new initiatives
- Collaborate and consult with key technical experts, senior technology team, and external industry groups to resolve complex technical issues and achieve goals
- Lead projects, teams, or serve as a peer mentor
Required Qualifications, US:
- 5+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 5+ years of software engineering experience in developing integrated and secure enterprise or web-based applications using Java or J2EE
- 5+ years of software engineering experience working with Java frameworks including Spring, Spring Batch, and Spring Boot Hibernate, etc.
- 5+ years of web service or API development experience with REST or SOAP
- 5+ years of Oracle, MySQL, or MS SQL Server experience
- 4+ years of software engineering experience in a distributed services architecture using Microservices or SOA
- 2+ years of experience in building new applications using Domain-driven design (DDD) or Event-driven architecture (EDA)
- 1+ year of Kafka experience
- 5+ year of PL/SQL experience
- 2+ years of Agile experience
- 1+ year of Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF), AWS, or Azure experience
- 1+ year of Apigee API Gateway
- This position is not eligible for Visa sponsorship
- This position offers a hybrid work schedule
- Must be able to work on-site at any of the listed locations
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position
- 1525 W W.T. Harris Blvd., Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
- 190 River Road, Summit, New Jersey 07901
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.