Marqeta powers innovative payment solutions for many of the apps and services you enjoy daily. Our open API provides unprecedented flexibility and control for industry-leading companies such as Uber, Coinbase, J.P.Morgan, and Block, to manage payment operations in real-time.
Our team is a mix of industry experts and technology innovators who take a dynamic approach to solving challenging problems. Marqeta was named a 2022 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, highlighting our company culture and collaborative work environment. We are building a global team as diverse as the markets we serve and we’d love it if you joined us on our mission to change the way money moves.
We’re a remote-first company. You have the choice to work from wherever you’re happiest and most productive, whether that’s from home, a co-working space, or one of our four global offices, depending on your location. It’s uncommon for candidates to match all job requirements, but if you’re not far off, we want to hear from you.
Marqeta is growing a Security Engineering team with the goal of setting a new industry standard for security in the payments space.
We are looking for software engineers (full-stack or backend) who are interested in building a securable, scalable, easy to use platform for Identity and Access Management within Marqeta Services. You will work directly with other engineering teams to integrate with the services and tools you built, owning security end to end at Marqeta. Your projects will cross multiple technology stacks and services, including a variety of languages and frameworks.
Security Engineering at Marqeta is a remote-first team and headquartered in Oakland, California.
What You'll Do
- Build scalable platform services and libraries with a particular focus on creating reliable, robust software systems that fail gracefully
- Apply engineering principles from your professional experience when building the best software possible for the security organization as a whole
- Mentor junior engineers as they work closely with you day to day, learning from you and becoming the seasoned engineers they are destined to be
What We're Looking For
- 5 or more years of relevant work experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Employ strong collaboration patterns and enjoy creating positive cross-team dynamics
- Experience with software development practices like agile
- Demonstrated experience shipping products or services in a Java environment
- Experience with SQL or other data storage technologies
- Experience with one or more cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure, or GCP
Nice to haves
- Prior experience using mTLS, PKI and related technologies
- Prior experience in additional languages like python, golang, C, C++, or Rust
- Experience in Payments or Financial Services
- Knowledge of Identity and Access Management best practices and protocols, such as OAuth, OpenID Connect, SAML, MFA, and SCIM
- Understanding of OWASP Top 10, Application Security tooling, and Content Security Policies
- Experience with kubernetes or related containerization technologies
Benefits And Perks
- Flexible time off – take what you need
- Retirement savings program with company contribution
- Employee insurance premiums paid 100% + coverage for dependents and pets
- Family forming benefits including fertility support and up to 20 weeks Parental Leave
- Free therapy sessions, financial coaching, and a Wellness stipend
- Monthly stipend to support our hybrid work model
- Equity in a publicly-traded company
- Bi-annual “Hack Week” to support and reward innovation
Learn more about Marqeta on our Website, Twitter and LinkedIn.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Marqeta is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant on any legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Our Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice applies to the personal data that you directly provide to us or that we collect during the application and candidate recruitment process.