Wellcome is a politically and financially independent global charitable foundation, funded by a 37 billion investment portfolio. We support discovery research into life, health and wellbeing, and we're taking on three worldwide health challenges: Mental Health, Climate & Health and Infectious Diseases.
To deliver our mission we are actively developing a new funding and relationships platform based on Salesforce. We are looking for a Lead Salesforce Engineer (Salesforce Solutions architect) to lead on the ongoing architecture and development of the platform.
You will work with product managers, engineers, data scientists, designers and administrators as part of a multidisciplinary agile team ensuring that Salesforce as a platform is developed securely, and delivers against Wellcome's key goals.
Wellcome is open to a variety of flexible working patterns and locations within the United Kingdom. Options around where and how you work can be discussed during the interview stage.
- Accountable for the overall Salesforce architecture including, but not limited to, the data model, security, environment, DevOps, integrations, analytics, disaster recovery and Salesforce updates and opportunities
- Lead on the implementation of Salesforce releases, ensuring new changes/enhancements occur in a controlled and secure manner
- Lead the proactive research and development of technological solutions within Salesforce to meet the challenges and make the best of opportunities arising in areas of strategic importance to Wellcome as required
- Ensure there is an appropriate level of Salesforce capability in the organisation, including training up internal staff and / or hiring in expertise if required
- Manage and oversee the work of software engineers and third-party agencies to develop the platform
Skills and Experience
- Strong experience architecting Salesforce solutions
- Strong understanding of best practice Salesforce governance and development
- Experience working in an agile environment, able to develop solutions quickly and effectively
- Experience managing a secure Salesforce release cycle
- Salesforce certification in Administrator and Advance Admin, Application Architect and System Architect, or other relevant certs is desirable (but not essential)
- Development experience using Apex, VisualForce, Aura and Lightning Web Components is desirable (but not essential)
Salary: 85,600, plus Benefits
Closing date: 6th July, 2022
Contract type: Permanent
To apply please upload your current CV and complete our short application form.
We understand that our colleagues have commitments and personal interests outside of work and we strive to build a flexible working environment, in which people can perform at their best. We are currently working 2 days per week (Tuesdays and Wednesdays) from our Euston Road offices as part of a hybrid working pilot (until September 2022) with the remaining 3 days from home.
Diversity and Inclusion is a priority at Wellcome. We are committed to cultivating a fair and healthy environment, where everyone can be themselves and thrive. We are happy to discuss flexible working options for all roles. We work to ensure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible to everyone. This includes making adjustments for people who have a disability or long-term condition. If you would like us to make adjustments during the application process, please contact us.