UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Perform all phases of software engineering including requirements analysis, application design, code development testing and maintenance
- Balance Technical Leadership and Hands-on Senior Development Responsibilities
- Responsible for application delivery and coordination for a team/domain, ensuring quality, effectiveness, and identifying/implementing improvements
- Ensure Best Practices, Coding Standards, and Guidelines are followed through code reviews and valuable feedback
- Serve as an escalation point for complex issues, problems and solutions
- Lead efforts to remove technical blockers and resolve incidents, both in production and in lower environments
- Collaborate with Application Architecture for design and refinement of new features and enhancements
- Develop a deep understanding of the business domain supported by their team
- Build strong working relationships with the Product Owner, System Analyst, and Scrum Master
- Maintain a deep understanding of the system technology stack
- Provide guidance, mentorship, assistance and consultation to others
- Ownership of Security Vulnerability & Code Quality Scan results and remediation
- Encourage innovative approaches to development, avoidance of technical debt, and reduction of bad coding footprints
- Be part of an agile team and participate in all rituals including grooming, sprint planning, demos and retrospectives
- Review the work of others
- Develop innovative approaches
- Sought out as expert
- Serve as a leader/mentor
Software engineering is the application of engineering to the design, development, implementation, testing and maintenance of software in a systematic method. The roles in this function will cover all primary development activity across all technology functions that ensure we deliver code with high quality for our applications, products and services and to understand customer needs and to develop product roadmaps.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
- 6+ years of hands-on full-stack experience with Java Enterprise Edition (Java/J2EE), UI/Angular, DevOps and web technologies
- Solid experience and knowledge of the fundamentals of:
- Spring Framework
- Single Application UI Design/Angular
- API Driven Development, Service-Oriented Architectures (SOA), RESTful Web Services, Microservices
- Branching and Code Management
- Security Concepts and Vulnerabilities e.g. (OWASP best practices)
- Code Quality and Industry Best Practices
- Agile Methodologies
- CI/CD and DevOps
- Experience utilizing exceptional problem-solving skills, demonstrating a methodical approach to analysis and providing solutions based on data and facts
- Substantial leadership experience, both with guiding team members and influencing senior management
- Ability to create effective documentation and presentations, clear and meaningful diagrams, and supporting analysis results
- 3+ years of experience with automated unit testing technologies (Such as JUnit, Spock, or similar), SCA and mock data frameworks
- Solid knowledge in OO Design Principles, core OOPS, JEE Design patterns as well as their implementation in real world applications
- Red Hat BPM suite experience, or Drools experience or similar experience working on rules engine.
- Rabbit MQ, Apache Camel, JBoss,APM, Oracle Relational Databases, Jenkins, Github, Swagger, Atlassian Products, Rally, Sonar, Junit, Openshift, Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience with performance, network & cloud infrastructure techniques and how they fit to design & delivery.
- Healthcare industry experience
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado/Connecticut/Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.