100% Remote & Permanent / Direct Hire – Design and engineer high performing software solutions for a fast growing industry leader in logistics and transportation
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Blake Williams
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $130,000 – $160,000 per year
A bit about us:
We are fast growing provider of logistics and freight transportation services with an industry-leading on-time record and low claims rate. We ensure your shipments are delivered on-time and damage-free. Solving complex logistics and shipping problems is what we live for. It’s what drives us. Our service offerings, which also include ground and air expedited transportation, are provided through a network of more than 250 service centers located throughout the continental United States. For more than 85 years, we’ve been helping the world keep their promises. It’s who we are.
Why join us?
We pride ourselves on offering our employees outstanding benefits for long-term career growth, stability, and work/life balance.
- Competitive base salary + annual bonus
- 100% Employer paid Health, Dental & Vision benefits for the Employee
- 401k matching of 50% of your contribution (on up to 6% of your salary) + annual variable employer contribution based on company performance
- 3 weeks PTO + 8 Paid Holidays + your Birthday as a holiday
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Flex Spending Accounts
- Wellness Program
- Credit Union access
We are looking for a talented Lead Java Developer to lead the process of designing, developing, testing, and implementing modern applications. You'll work with middleware technologies and databases to prepare detailed technical specifications from which integration services will be written. You'll own and deliver your own solutions independently and lead the less experienced developers.
- 1/2 hands-on coding and 1/2 architecture
- Lead the process of implementation planning, fit analysis, configuration, testing, rollout and post implementation support of solution/software development
- Elicit, analyze, validate, specify, verify and manage the needs of project stakeholders including customers and end users
- Analyze, review and alter programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt new requirements
- Lead the efforts of problem resolution of issues and defects discovered during testing, independently resolve the issues if needed
- Gather business requirements and define detailed specifications
- Lead the development and debugging of software using Java/J2EE
- Work with Business Analysts to design and deploy database schemas and specify all attributes of database tables including primary keys, foreign keys, identities, constraints, default values, indexes and triggers
- Participate in business unit and strategic planning and implement initiatives
- Provide on call support for production systems
- Lead the database application development process using SQL and JDBC
- Process documentation to comply with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
- Lead the less experienced developers and assist them with issues and questions
- 10+ years of experience as a Java Developer with full-stack web development experience
- Expertise with Agile software development methodologies (Scrum, XP, Kanban, etc.)
- Experience with Spring Boot, Hibernate, REST & SOAP Web Services, JBOSS, Web Services Security, and Test-Driven Development with JUnit
- Experience with Docker / Kubernetes or OpenShift (we own 2 data centers and are purposefully not utilizing cloud now or in the foreseeable future)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
IMPORTANT TO NOTE: We own 2 data centers and are purposefully not utilizing cloud now or in the foreseeable future
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.