Salary – Up to £72,000
Location – Livingston Scotland – Hybrid Working
We currently working with Europe's leading media and entertainment broadcaster and due to continued growth are actively expanding their team.
What you'll do:
As a Lead DevOps Engineer, you'll work with the latest technology to drive our platform and software development practices forward with passion and enthusiasm at scale.
- Lead DevOps technical design and delivery as the Technical Design Authority for assigned programmes and platform deliverables, driving best practice, aligning to and updating platform standards while driving continuous improvement and innovation.
- Drive technology and software development best practices with passion and enthusiasm continually evolving our capabilities by leading collaboration with and mentoring other team members.
- Design, build and maintain development tools and infrastructure owning planning, estimation & tasks while automating processes to improve development and release workflows.
- Establish and execute best practice to ensure systems are stable, secure and compliant while providing efficient production support and issue resolution.
- Provide dynamic development, stage and production environments while supporting our development teams to ensure they have the best facilities, researching and leading technical proof of concepts to drive the platform forward.
- Own and manage relationships with multiple suppliers and/or internal teams while actively developing and promoting the role of DevOps within the compnay and externally.
What You'll Bring:
- Worked in enterprise scale operations environments using Scrum and Agile at a Senior or Lead Level.
- Excellent Linux administration skills a coupled with a sound knowledge of monitoring solutions.
- A track record of implementing and supporting of a wide variety of open-source technologies and tools, such as Ansible, Apache, Tomcat, Java, Jenkins, Spring, Docker, Kubernetes, Prometheus, Istio.
- Ability to code and script in multiple languages and strong experience of using and supporting automation toolsets
- A sound understanding of networking principles
- A proven focus on business outcomes and strong mentoring/leadership skills to help others succeed.