Every day, Global Payments makes it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions for credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. Our worldwide team helps over 3 million companies, more than 1,300 financial institutions and over 600 million cardholders grow with confidence and achieve amazing results. We are driven by our passion for success and we are proud to deliver best-in-class payment technology and software solutions. Join our dynamic team and make your mark on the payments technology landscape of tomorrow.
Job Title: Lead DevOps/Unix/Linux Administrator
Salary: 70,000 – 75,000
Location: Knaresborough, UK
The position is supporting a cross-functional infrastructure team that is transforming our products and services, to deliver using modernised toolkits. As part of our infrastructure project team, you will build and support infrastructure solutions to meet the requirements of our business owners and customers. This is an opportunity to help a large financial services organisation transform to a modern infrastructure.
· Install, configure, evaluate and make recommendations regarding infrastructure as code or infrastructure equipment as a subject matter expert.
· Contribute to product design, helping the team break down and understand large and complex tasks, design, install, configure and provision Unix solutions.
· Install new or rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with TSYS build standards.
· Load software, customise and configure systems and software to optimize resource requirements and audit the system to minimize vulnerability to penetration and abuse.
· Automate the provisioning of servers, services and end-user devices giving users access to data repositories or authorization to systems, network applications and databases.
· Engineer automation and orchestration technologies to arrange, coordinate, and manage complex computer systems. Initiate team or department -wide implementation, research and adopt delivery automation.
· Innovate using approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale at a local and enterprise level.
· Review work orders and designs to provide critical feedback to the requestor and other business areas to accept, adapt or decline solution development effort.
· Troubleshoot networking services and application protocols; direct other business and technical teams during problem solving.
· Maintain awareness of TSYS quality standards, assuring solutions are compatible with disaster recovery, patching, compliance, monitoring requirements for ongoing support and maintenance activities. Review team deliverables and uphold the technical standards across the team.
· Deploy changes in accordance with the change control process; assist with the creation and updating of change control process guidelines. Support team members with change control process and escalations.
· Create and update platform documentation.
· Mentor less experienced team members and provide small group training and knowledge transfer.
· Continuously evaluate all systems and processes for service improvements.
· Ensure skills are updated by attending the appropriate courses, utilization of reference materials, Internet resources, and vendor sponsored seminars. Coach and train team members using your own training experience.
· Interact closely with all levels of team members across business units within the company.
· Collaborate with Business Owners, Product Owners and Project Managers to prioritise and align work effort with business value.
· Provide technical mentoring and training
- Bachelor's Degree ideally
- Typically, minimum 10 years relevant experience in an Infrastructure delivery or support role that included UNIX system administration
- 3 years delivering through DevOps toolsets and Agile working practices
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services or other public cloud providers
- Able to work in an agile platform team
- Experience and detailed knowledge of deploying Infrastructure as Code using Terraform or similar framework
- GIT / Bitbucket or similar version control tools
- Knowledge of security frameworks and best practices
- Experienced in agile practices and methodologies (Scrum teams, CI/CD environments)
Ideally, candidate will also have previous experience in:
- Ansible for software provisioning, configuration management, and application deployment
- Forum Sentry
- PCI requirements for financial institutions
- Work for a global market leading card processing company
- A company with a friendly, professional and growth centric culture
- 26 days holiday, rising in association with service up to 30 days
- Option to buy up to 3 days annual leave days per year
- Health insurance scheme – through Vitality Health
- Disability cover
- Pension scheme that pays 7% automatically (outside of salary sacrifice)
- Employee friendly working policies
Global Payments Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Global Payments provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.
- Location: Knaresborough, Great Britain
- Type: Full time