We are an innovative, peoplecentricconsumer finance business with an excellent opportunity available for a LeadDevOps engineer who is passionate about deploying and maintaining scalable, highly available application solutions that leverage AWS services.
As Lead DevOps Engineer you will be technically highly skilled and versatile, with a passion for building and maintaining quality CI/CD solutions to aid the growth of Shelby Finance services. CI/CD is essential to the business to shorten development cycles and allow for faster innovation.
Managing a team of two DevOps Engineers you will be working primarily with Kubernetes, Linux systems and AWS services, you will have experiencewith Terraform for building and deploying AWSinfrastructure.You will have DevOps orientated knowledge covering Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery/Deployment best practices. In addition to building the AWS platform, maintained and supported usinginfrastructure as code, continuous integration, automated testing and automated deployment.
We're looking for a DevOps Engineer with an enterprising attitude to contribute heavily to a close-knit team of developers, testers and designers in an Agile environment. To succeed here you will love working at pace, you will be able to adapt and be agile, and enjoy working with innovative products and systems.
This is an excellent opportunity to advance your career within a technology driven business thatreally does enables new ideas. In exchange, you will work with cutting edge technologies and will be given the time to develop your own projects and work toward industry qualifications.
Keyresponsibilitiesin the position of Lead DevOps Engineer include:
- Working with developers to design and implement pipelines and infrastructure as code (Terraform) based on their requirements.
- Working with SecOps to implement best security practices in pipelines and in our AWS infrastructure.
- Continuously working to improve observability across our platform.
- Maintaining our Kubernetes clusters and keeping everything up to date.
- Supporting and mentoring DevOps engineers in the team.
In addition, you will play a key role in implementing a modern approach to engineering that enables continuous delivery across the group. Creating strategies and roadmaps to influence the business change programme, and identifying opportunities for innovation, research and development.
You will work from home, but you may have periodic face-to-face interaction with your team and the wider business.
What we Offer
- Shelby Finance is a great place to work: we are a financial Services business authorised and regulatedby the FCA and the digital division of theMorses Club brand with a history dating back 130 years.
- We provide great incentives offering professional development opportunities, dedicated personal development time,new skills growth,technical training, and certifications
- Our people receive 25 days holiday with the option to buy and sell holidays
- Other benefits include life assurance (4x salary), long service awards, health cash plan,company share scheme, pension up to 7 % matching contribution,24/7 employee assistance,Perkbox membership providing 200 perks, discounts and freebies.
- We provide opportunities to work with some of the most exciting technology brands: we have technology experience with .Net, (APIs running on Kubernetes) AWS(EKS/Serverless/DocumentDB/Aurora/Kinesis/CloudFront etc),React, GitLab CI to name afew
- Our Cloud Engineering Team have the flexibility of working remotely from their own homes and are provided with home-Office equipment and supported with a virtual induction and interaction
- Experience of providing technical support and leadership within a DevOps team
- Kubernetes – a deep understanding of the components of the core system and a solid appreciation of the ecosystem as a whole
- Helm experience with managing deployments to Kubernetes through Charts
- AWS EKS, EC2 and container services in particular, combined with experience using serverless services such as lambdas, SNS, SQS and API gateways. An excellent understanding of VPCs and related resources
- Terraform management of infrastructure through code, utilising a modular based and environment agnostic approach
- Docker / Kaniko ability to define and build minimal images in a security conscious manner
- CI/CD pipelines excellent understanding of CI/CD pipelines and ability to create efficient, security conscious automated processes within the SDLC
- Scripting in Bash and at least one of Python, Ruby or Golang
- Linux ability to troubleshoot issues within the operating system, good knowledge of standard tools
- Good knowledge of Cloud based architecture design patterns
- Observability experience with Open Telemetry, ADOT, AWS X-RAY, AWS Cloudwatch within the context of Kubernetes
- Prometheus experience with managing shipping of metrics to external sources from within Kubernetes environments using Prometheus
- Grafana a good understanding of visualising metrics from multiple data sources using Grafana
We are a growing, forward thinking consumer finance business offering digital financial products.Were not your typical mainstream financial services business, we provide alternative digitalcustomer-focused services which reach over 40,000 non-standard finance customers.We are a business that thriveson innovation: welike working with people who get excited about digital products and innovative technologieswho share the same vision; to deliver online financial products for our customers that ensures they are informed to make the right decisions and treated fairly.
If you feel youre the right candidate for the role as ourLead DevOps Engineer,click apply now! Wed love to hear from you!