Macys is proudly Americas Department Store. For more than 160 years, Macys has served generations at every stage of their lives. Customers come to us for fashion, value and celebration. Now is an exciting time to join Macys, Inc. The face of retail is changing, and change requires innovation.
Macys Tech provides modern tools, platforms, and services to all parts of the business. Our team supports millions of customers in connected commerce across the technology hub at Macys Join our team to help shape the future of e-commerce and set the pace in retail technology. Whether focused on store technology, supply chain tech, application security, merchandising systems, or the mobile app youll have opportunities to grow your career while finding meaningful ways to make a difference.
- 70% Delivery & Execution:
- Collaborates and pairs with other product team members (engineering, and product management) to create secure, reliable, scalable software solutions
- Partner with Analysts and Data Scientists on delivering reliable data that powers machine learning models
- Identify, extract/scrape, and verify suitable data from different sources.
- Design and conduct exploratory data analysis (for example, statistical analysis/segmentation, anomaly detection, assumption testing)
- Conduct A/B test and report out A/B test data
- Creates proofs of concept. Deploy models to production.
- Build learning systems to analyze continuous data flows and offline data.
- Work on eCommerce search, recommendation related data science projects.
- Work on building relevance evaluation tools.
- 10% Learning:
- Participates in learning activities around modern software design and development core practices (communities of practice)
- Proactively views articles, tutorials, and videos to learn about new technologies and best practices being used within other technology organizations
- Action-Oriented: Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
- Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Communicates Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Cultivates Innovation: Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
- Global Perspective: Taking a broad view when approaching issues; using a global lens
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relating openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people
Qualifications and Competencies:
- 4 Year / Bachelors Degree
- Typically requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience with a Bachelors degree; or 6 years and a Masters degree; or a PhD with 3 years experience; or equivalent experience.
- Expertise in Data structures, Object-oriented programming, functional programming, familiarity with microservices, cloud Technologies.
- Experience with programming languages- Python, SQL, Java.
- Experience in BigData and NoSQL technologies like Cassandra, Big Table or equivalent.
- Experience in writing SQLs to get analytical data from Google Big Query or equivalent OLAP databases.
- Familiar with model assessment and validation
- Experience in designing event driven mechanisms, publish/subscribe models.
- Experience in writing automated tests – Unit/Integration tests.
- Experience with cloud computing on at-least one of major providers (Google Cloud Platform, AWS or Azure).
- Experience with Agile or Scrum software development methodologies
- This is an engineering position, and in our team, we believe in always production-ready code.
- This job requires 70% coding or coding-related tasks every day.
- Ability to effectively share technical information, communicate technical issues and solutions to all levels of business
- Able to juggle multiple projects – can identify primary and secondary objectives, prioritize time and communicate timeline to team members
- Ability and desire to take product/project ownership
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and Company needs
This job description is not all-inclusive, and Macys Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macys Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Candidates for positions in San Francisco ONLY can review their rights and the Companys obligations under SFPC Art. 49 here. Candidates for positions in Los Angeles ONLY can review their rights and the Companys obligations under LA MC Ch. XVIII Art. 9 here. Candidates for positions in Philadelphia ONLY can review their rights and the Companys obligations under PC Ch. 9-3500 here