Moneysupermarket Group's mission is to help households save money, we supply products from over 800 financial providers to more than 24 million unique monthly visitors, helping UK households save approx. £2bn each year, something we're incredibly proud of.
You will be joining the company as Lead Data Scientist within the Marketing Data Science team. This team plays an essential role in helping the business achieve its goals through predictive & marketing mix modelling. Our focus for 2022 we will be building on the success we have already achieved with our efficient acquisition strategy. By optimizing above-the-line (TV, Radio, Press, Outdoor, Social) and performance media (Google Ads, Microsoft Advertising, Display, Social) and understanding the drivers of efficiency we can deliver both beneficial customer and business outcomes.
Why Our Role?
Moneysupermarket Group is one of the largest advertisers in the UK with a total Brand & Digital Marketing budget approaching nine figures.
Moneysupermarket Group have a wealth of rich marketing and customer data which allows us to understand how efficiently we acquire customers. In addition, we have modern architecture on the Google Cloud Platform and Google Marketing Platform along with real time data which will give you the needed infrastructure to build real-time predictive models.
You will play a leading role in delivering Moneysupermarket's strategic goal of ensuring that customer acquisition as efficient as possible. You will work closely with the Marketing, Finance, Commercial and other Data Science teams to produce predictive models. To succeed, you will need knowledge of machine learning techniques. You will work closely with other members of the Data Science team shaping how we deliver models. We are keen on improving our processes and as such have several in-house tools to aid the creation of models. As part of your role, you and your team will also get a chance to work on enhancing these tools.
In addition to your technical skills, you will need to build relationships with key stakeholders. We expect our data scientists to play a pivotal role in ensuring that as a business we are making data-driven decisions. Explaining how the models you have created can be leveraged to improve marketing efficiency and then ensuring that these models are utilised to provide business benefit will be key.
What will your daily life look like?
• Ownership of key projects from inception to delivery ensuring marketing efficiency goals are met.
• Develop and monitor models with the aim of improving marketing efficiency
• Building relationships with stakeholders across our business (Marketing, Finance and Commercial) to ensure we are using data science to drive our decisioning.
• Work with external agencies and partners such as Google to ensure our business goals are delivered.
• Clear and effective communications with stakeholders including creating engaging presentations, running workshops, and explaining technical concepts to a non-technical audience
• Develop a deep understanding of Moneysupermarket's Return on Ad Spend (ROAS) and work with key stakeholders to optimise this metric.
• Building your knowledge and learning new skills by attending workshops, seminars and conferences or self-learning materials.
• Identify process improvements and contribute to our in-house machine learning tools
• Inspire and manage employee performance, engagement, and development in line with objectives and Moneysupermarket Group values.
• Test and learn experiment planning and measurement.
What do we need from you?
• Experience of managing junior data scientists.
• Familiarity with agile development methodologies
• Experience of delivering commercial outcomes from the application of predictive modelling and advanced analytics.
• The engineering mindset and experience to deliver productionised MLOps and other analytical data products to a consumer market.
• Experience working with and knowledge of modern data architectures, infrastructure, and tools.
• Proficiency in Python coding and data science packages.
• Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner to senior stakeholders.
• Experience developing on Google Cloud Platform.
• Experience of using data for marketing optimisation.
• Experience of Google Marketing Platform and Google Analytics
• Familiarity with time-series modelling
We're an inclusive, anti-racist and equal opportunity employer that values diversity. This means we respect and embrace differences in gender identity, race, ethnic origin, sexual expression and orientation, religion and faith, age, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, social background, education and way of thinking. We're a place where you can be you.
Our customers and users come from different backgrounds, as do our colleagues. We welcome applications from everyone, and particularly encourage women and Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates to apply as we're actively building representation that's more closely reflective of the communities we serve. Our appointments are made on merit, following a robust and objective assessment process, and the candidate with the highest score is offered the role.If you're passionate about our purpose of helping households save money and excited about what you could accomplish here, we'd love to hear from you.
We understand that job adverts only say so much and you're likely to have a lot of questions. If you'd like to know anything before applying such as more on the location, salary, our parental leave policy etc, please just let us know and we'll be happy to help.You can contact the recruiter for this role, Francesca at firstname.lastname@example.org