Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V, a Johnson & Johnson company, is recruiting a Lead Data Engineer within the Data Science team. This position will be based in Beerse, Belgium. Occasional travel in Europe up to 10 % may be required.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing, and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
The Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson provide medicines for an array of health concerns in several therapeutic areas. Our ultimate goal is to help people live healthy lives. We have produced and marketed many first-in-class prescription medications and are poised to serve the broad needs of the healthcare market – from patients to practitioners, from clinics to hospitals. For more about the Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, visit: http://www.janssen.com/
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
As a lead data engineer, you will become part of a dynamic, accomplished data sciences team that supports areas such as marketing, sales, strategic customer groups, commercial excellence, medical affairs, epidemiology and Real-World Evidence. You will design, develop, and deploy data pipelines across different projects that will be the backbone of our data science solutions.
You will be responsible for the design and productionalisation of performant ETL pipelines inclusive of feature engineering and data quality management solutions.
You will engage with business and IT stakeholders, notably the colleagues in the data science team. You have a heart for data engineering and data science related technologies, while you also have the ambition to understand the data, you know where quality risks exist and can develop effective mitigation strategies around it. You are also well versed in exploring the data.
We offer excellent personal growth opportunities by the ability to work on cutting edge initiatives. You will also be able to further enhance your technical skills in data engineering and/or in data science, you will also be a key member to establish an MLOps capability. You will also develop a deep understanding of the data in selected domains, with additional development opportunities .
- Masters degree in Mathematics, Physics, Computer Sciences, Engineering or a related discipline with a minimum of 3 years of industrial experience.
- Proven hands-on expertise in developing ETL pipelines for large scale solutions.
- Experience with CI/CD.
- Proficiency with Python and Spark.
- Excellent aptitude for data management, data modeling and data cleansing.
- Passion toward technology and understanding how to build technology solutions for concrete business challenges.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, verbal, and written skills are required.
- You combine your excellent technical skills and problem-solving skillset with pragmatism and can apply those skills in real world situations.