Here at Gousto, we are on a mission to become the UK's favourite way to eat dinner!
Whether it is creating diversity in our recipes or building new teams, we care about our people and the opportunities they have at Gousto.
We are committed to equality of opportunity across our organisation. At all levels we promote equality, ensuring our people are consistently treated in a fair and equal manner.
If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example – she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
Lead Data Engineer
We know that a great product backed by great data is key to our success. Our Data Engineering team is core to that. We are looking for a Lead Data Engineer to join our growing team to support our big plans for 2021 and beyond.
The Lead Data Engineer role is key to our growth and scale. We're looking for someone who has been in the trenches building data platforms and solutions to bring a wealth of experience to the team. This role will give you exposure to data across Gousto's tribes and to a great tech stack based on AWS, Databricks, Pyspark, S3, Delta Lake, Lambda, Kinesis and Python, so plenty to keep you interested!
You will steer a squad of Data and Analytics Engineers to help design, implement, build and support best-in-class data products. You'll also be working with our wider Data team composed of Data Scientists and Product Analysts, and you'll help embed strong data engineering toolsets and practices throughout our Tech team.
What Will Keep You Busy
Building best-in-class solutions – We want to expand on some of the nice thinking and good work already done to expand our lake house architecture across the business and to new solutions. You'll be key in expanding our designs, and taking on technical management to deliver.
Own and improve our data infrastructure – We are striving to keep improving as we grow, so a big part of this role will be investigating and implementing the next-generation data processing & analytics technologies.
Striving for impact and delivery – You will have a significant impact on how we utilise data to propel the business. Hence, you will partner up with other squads across the business to understand their data needs and work with them to find the best solution.
Obsessing over quality – As a data enthusiast you must have already heard a quote “garbage in, garbage out”. To ensure high-quality data, guaranteeing accurate dashboards and robust machine-learning algorithms, we believe that every data-point needs to be valid.
Who You Are
- You have an excellent applied understanding of modern data architectures and data modelling to maximise data usage across the business.
- You have steered a team of engineers and have extensive experience in Agile and lean delivery methodologies.
- You have a strategic approach to problem solving and are able to see the big picture at all times.
- You have extensive knowledge of programming languages (Python preferably) and writing efficient SQL queries
- You will have a strong understanding of modern distributed computing systems (preferably Spark or Pyspark) and will have real-world experience of running them in production environments.
- You have great communication skills, whether to your team, to business stakeholders or to our leadership team
- You are a high-energy self-starter with a passion for data, attention to detail, and a positive attitude
Click here to see our benefits !