Lead Data Engineer | Remote | 78K-117K EUR + 20% Bonus per Annum
Who are we?
Uptimal is a Non-traditional & Independent MarTech Consultancy and Digital Talent Recruitment Agency.
Who are we hiring for?
Leading International FMCG Enterprise.
Office in London but full remote.
Data and Analytics is the foundation and core to our clients Analytics growth strategy within their Digital Transformation journey. They have data assets in all of our segments across different functions and divisions, that they will connect and enhance to build a rich understanding to answer specific questions that they as a business have, with a special focus on Supply Chain.
To deliver on this ambition we need deep expertise and experience in building our data solutions and engineering different sources of data to deliver valuable, scalable and sustainable benefits across a large and complex global business.
What you will do
- Lead and manage the design of our cloud-based data solutions and models to enable insight and analytics, whereby managing the budget both for 3rd party partners as well as platform costs.
- Lead the design and execution of the data engineering strategy, ensuring seamless delivery of analytics solutions for the future.
- Lead and manage engineering projects in collaboration with other team members (including with offshore talent partners) to ensure rapid development of quality, scalable and sustainable data solutions, with global best practices and consistency.
- Ensure right technologies in place for our needs deliver engagements with up-to-date capabilities available in the industry.
- Engage and collaborate with data and IT owners to drive data quality and availability, and ensure data improvement plans in place and support effective governance.
What you will need
- Technical expertise in Big Data Tech Stack and experience in database and data engineering capabilities.
- Rich heritage in designing and building databases, analytics and BI platforms with Big Data.
- Including the use of cloud platforms like AWS or Azure, technologies across traditional and contemporary software (e.g. SQLServer, Hadoop, NoSQL DB), programming languages such as SQL, Java, C#, C++, Python, R and visualization tools.
- Team management experience and at ease delegating responsibilities.
- Ability to drive best development practices across products and technical team members.
- Have the ability to convey messages on technical subjects to a range of stakeholders
- Highly knowledgeable in the contemporary data engineering and analytics landscape, the current tools, the latest approaches.
- Capacity and enthusiasm for mentoring and coaching data engineers of varying experience.
- Able to communicate effectively with all levels of the business to help present new ideas and provide recommendations for new technologies.
Salary & Conditions
- 78K-117K EUR + 20% Bonus per Annum
- Company benefits such as pension and best-in-class training
- Final salary and bonuses will depend on the candidate's experience assessed during the interviews
- Final candidate will be sponsored if needed