If making a difference to our UK national infrastructure and services excites you then there will NOT be many organisations that will be able to offer you this type of unique, interesting and rewarding opportunity.
We are looking for a Lead Data Engineer Manager who is looking to progress with more management responsibilities including hiring, training, developing, leading and mentoring a team of Data Engineers.
This is a senior technical role where you will be responsible for working with senior client stakeholders as the subject matter expert and leading the team focusing on predominately public sector engagements.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced Lead Data Engineer Manager with experience of Knowledge Graphs and Semantics (heterogeneous data sources) using standards such as RDF with experience working delivering large scale consulting projects.
Key responsibilities of Lead Data Engineer Manager:
- Report to the Head of Data Engineering to build, manage and lead a team of data engineers.
- Take a key role in hiring the team attend interviews and discuss candidates with head of data engineering
- Mentor and coach junior members of the team, building them up through the promotion cycle, helping them to learn new skills by experiencing increased responsibility on client projects
- Lead client engagements
- Be a hands-on engineer on client projects, by architecting and building solutions that take large-scale client data and derive novel business-critical insight from them, using cutting edge cloud platform technologies
- Develop in-house accelerators and tooling to a high standard, that will be re-used across client projects
Requirements of Lead Data Engineer Manager:
- Experience working on large-scale data projects
- Experienced and comfortable working in complex environments, and leading a team of data engineers
- SC cleared or clearable
- Scala or Python commercial development experience
- Solution architecture of cloud data platforms
- Apache Spark experience
- AWS Glue or Google Cloud Dataflow experience (desirable)
- Kafka experience with schema evolution (e.g., using Avro) (desirable)
- Experience specifying and building graph databases (desirable)