About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Software Engineer. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you!
The Risk and Finance CIO organization provides technology to several lines of businesses including Risk, Compliance, Finance, Audit and Legal with a combined technology spend in excess of $500+MM annually and is a 1100+ person global organization. Within this CIO Organization, Enterprise Credit Risk Technology (ECRT) is tasked with providing vision, setting priorities, and implementing technology capabilities across Credit Risk. Actively collaborate with senior business executives in strategic planning and ensuring integration of Credit Risk technology initiatives with enterprise strategies. Technology leadership for applications across Credit Risk. Delivering Credit Risk technology capabilities by collaborating with other vertical and horizontal functions within Enterprise Risk & Finance Technology and broader Enterprise Information Technology groups
A successful candidate for this role will have a solid background in the systems development lifecycle for large and complex projects with multiple stakeholders. They will have experience working with both onshore and offshore team members with an emphasis in handling the day to day oversight of a large group of contract resources.
In this role, you will:
- Act in the highest level technical role as an individual contributor and help solution for complex computer applications and/or application initiatives.
- Utilizes a thorough understanding of available technology, tools, and existing designs.
- Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires evaluation of intangible variance factors.
- Plans, performs, and acts as the escalation point for complex platform designs, coding, and testing.
- Leads complex multiple modeling, simulations, and analysis efforts.
- Creates a roadmap for implementation of various data preparation activities for model team and troubleshoots data questions.
- Act as expert technical resource to programming staff in the program development, testing, and implementation process.
- Drives requirements and design discussions in both Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
Required Qualifications, US:
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- 5+ years of experience in application & data architecture and solution design
- 4+ years of experience delivering ETL, data warehouse and data analytics capabilities on big-data architecture such as Hadoop
- 3+ years of experience with Big Data or Hadoop tools such as Spark, Hive, Kafka and Map
- An industry-standard technology certification
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A BS/BA degree or higher in science or technology
- Agile experience
- Ability to communicate effectively with a quantitative development team about models and integration strategies
- Ability to gather, analyze, and interpret large datasets
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) skills
- Knowledge and understanding of risk management or quantitative modeling
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- 5+ years of data modeling experience
- Experience with design, implementation and governance with Artificial Intelligence, Natural Language Processing or Machine Learning Architecture
- 3+ years of securities industry experience
- Knowledge and understanding of risk management, in financial services
- Experience with risk technology solution design
- 2+ years of cloud computing experience, preferably with GCP
Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
Additional expectations of this role will include:
- Providing leadership and mentorship to junior team members (onshore and offshore).
- Understanding, communicating and executing change management and issue management processes.
- Directing the analysis of highly complex problems and may oversee the work of junior team members in the team and across peer groups.
- Directing small projects and leading resources as needed.
- A successful candidate for this position will have a service-oriented mentality and possess a strong sense of ownership of the problems/requests assigned.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.