Junior Software Engineer
We have recently got sign-off for a new Junior Software Engineer position within one of the fasted growing technology SMEs in the West Midlands region. The company has seen large growth in its financial turnover and its own product portfolio in the last few years and is heavily invested in the innovation of modern technologies to help them meet their current future growth plans.
The company have a state-of-the-art Design/Development and Final Assembly facility with over 160 staff and are currently producing over 25,000 smart tech devices annually.
Junior Software Engineer Salary & Benefits
- 26,000 – 30,000 (Based on experience)
- Bonus (10%)
- Flexible working (Some Hybrid)
- Excellent Pension Contribution (10.5%)
- 37.5 Hour Working Week (1pm Finish Fridays)
- Free Parking
- Canteen and Rest Area
- Modern Clean working environment
- Excellent Career Progression opportunities
- Continuation Training & Support
- Full Project Ownership
Junior Software Engineer Duties
- The position will be based within a 20 strong R&D Team and will be part of a small sub-team of Software Engineers. The role will report directly to the teams Senior Software Engineer and will primarily work on software development of internal production tools to improve the efficiency of the organisations assembly environment.
- This will include being responsible for a suite of tools used internally within the business and which are critical to their manufacturing function. These tools interface with the ERP system and enable assembly, configuration, and testing of the organisations products.
- Maintenance and support of existing software-based production tools
- Develop, test, release enhancements to existing tools
- Develop new tools to meet internal stakeholder requirements
- Improving the interaction between internal tools and customer facing tools
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Software Development or related
- Experience and knowledge of C# /Winforms
- Knowledge of SQL server and Access databases
- Knowledge of Entity framework
- Basic experience with HTML, CSS, Razor pages
- Basic experience of ASP .NET Core
- Agile methodologies
- Experience using Azure DevOps and Version Control (TFSVC)
Please note that this role is more suited to a desktop windows developer, rather than a web biased engineer
The company have proved through several engineers placed with the organisation by Probe Recruitment over the last 10 years, to offer its junior staff excellent career progression, support and training and the opportunity to move into a middle and senior management positions within a brief period after joining.
Commutable from Birmingham, Coventry, Derby, Wolverhampton, Stafford, Worcester, Stourbridge, Telford, Lichfield
Our aim is to help you secure the best possible future for yourself & this is a totally FREE service to all our Candidates.
If you believe that your skills and experience match what we are looking for please call me or submit your CV by clicking APPLY and I will be in touch.
Probe Technical Recruitment, providing Design, R&D & Projects Engineering Recruitment Support since 1994