We have an excellent opportunity for a motivated Software Engineer to join our Global Practice. The successful candidate will be given the opportunity to work as part of a global practice and the opportunity to work within a major financial institution.
- 1-3 years .NET, C# / Java experience e.g., Visual Studio, Eclipse, or other IDE experience
- Experience with SQL Server or Oracle DB, SSIS or ODI is a plus
- Experience using XML
- Source Control experience, e.g., TFS, Git, Mercurial, etc.
- Experience or knowledge of Web Servers, e.g., IIS, Apache, etc.
- Strong problem identification and problem-solving skills
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Proven track record in meeting deadlines
- Proactive and can work independently or as part of a team
- Some experience from the financial services/banking/insurance industry sectors will be advantageous
- Configuration of custom Framework based on .NET 4.5 technology
- Translate client business requirements into working features by configuring the Framework
- Develop expertise in understanding and configuration of our client’s product
- Create and maintain technical documentation and associated artefacts
- Estimate and track tasks and other work items against project deadlines
- Product installation in test and client environments
- Integration with both internal and external API's
- Data Mapping and data migration/integration
- Working with the QA team in managing the system test cycle and working to fix bugs
- Ability to troubleshoot and fix bugs and configuration issues
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with the project and client teams
- Provide guidance and support to more junior team members
This role can be based in Belfast/Newry/London/Dublin
Working for First Derivative:
You will embark upon a career with life-long learning at its core, facilitating rapid professional and personal development and the opportunity to design your own path. We support a variety of external training courses and accreditations and are truly passionate about our Mentor Program, through which our senior colleagues generously set aside personal time to coach and support others in their career progression.
We are delighted to have several active internal networks, social committees, and charity initiatives, designed with the intention of meeting the holistic needs of our employees and giving back to our communities.
Our employees are rewarded with numerous benefits as part of their employment, including:
· Competitive Salary
· Extensive Health Care Package
· Pension plan
· Hybrid working
· Employee Assistance Programme
· Annual leave increasing with service
· Group Life Protection Benefit
· Training opportunities
· FD Internal Network and Sports & Social Calendar