Java Software Engineer London / WfH to 90k
Java Software Engineer / Backend Developer (Java SpringBoot microservices) *Hybrid WfH*. Would you like to work to a modern microservices tech stack whilst taking a lead role, contributing to technical decisions, in a diverse, supportive environment?
You could be joining one of the country's leading Property Tech companies that have revolutionised the way we find property for rental and sale and working on apps that are used by millions of people on a daily basis.
As a Java Software Engineer you will design and develop new features and enhancements on the core platform, collaboratively problem solving as an integral part of a supportive Agile team. There's a modern microservices tech stack encompassing SpringBoot, Kafka, ElasticSearch, Gradle, Hibernate, SQL and Docker amongst others (you don't experience with them all). You'll be encouraged to investigate and recommend emerging technologies and contribute to key design decisions and as a senior developer help to provide mentoring and technical guidance, promoting best practice.
You'll be joining a diverse team environment with a range of perks, training and career development opportunities. There's currently a remote interview and onboarding process as well as the ability to work from home; in time you'll join colleagues in the London office for 2 days a weeks with the other 3 working remotely.
- You have strong core Java development experience; you'll be mainly using Java 8 but there is also Java 11 and 15 in the stack
- You have experience with SpringBoot and microservices
- You have a good knowledge of databases e.g. SQL, MySQL, CouchDB
- You're an advocate of Agile methodologies, TDD and software development best practice
- You're familiar with Docker and / or Kubernetes
- You're collaborative with great communication skills, happy to mento
As a Java Software Engineer you will earn a competitive salary (to 90k) plus a host of benefits.
Apply now to find out more about this Java Software Engineer / Backend Developer (Java SpringBoot Kafka ElasticSearch TDD) opportunity.