UnitedHealthcare is a company that’s on the rise. We’re expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
Software engineering is the application of engineering to the design, development, implementation, testing and maintenance of software in a systematic method. The roles in this function will cover all primary development activity across all technology functions that ensure we deliver code with high quality for our applications, products and services and to understand customer needs and to develop product roadmaps.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Performs all phases of software engineering including requirements analysis, application design, code development testing and maintenance
- Additional responsibilities of documentation, enhancing existing components, defect resolution, and mentoring junior developers
- Works very closely with architecture team, delivery teams and DevOps to triage and resolve production defects
- Capitalizes on CI, CD, DevOps tools and best practices to implement agility and quality
- Encourages innovative approaches to defect resolution, avoid technical debt and reduce bad coding footprints
- Is a part of an agile team and participate in all rituals including grooming, sprint planning, demos and retrospectives
- Assumes SME roles for the micro services and perform code reviews, code merges and provide feedback relative to best practices, code quality and improving performance
- Designs reusable components, patterns, frameworks and libraries
- Stays abreast of current and emerging technologies / products / tools / trends related to software development and utilize those findings to influence our application development process
- Infuses a mindset of agility, quality and performance with a focus on value driven deliverables
- Analyzes and investigates
- Provides explanations and interpretations within area of expertise
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 4+ years or more of strong hands-on experience with Java Enterprise Edition (Java/J2EE) and web technologies
- 3+ years of experience with the Spring frameworks
- 3+ years of experience with automated unit testing technologies (Such as JUnit, Spock, or similar) ,SCA and mock data frameworks
- 2+ years of solid Agile experience (Scrum, Kanban and XP preferred)
- 2+ years of DevOps experience (Strong experience needed in Devops to support Application).CI/CD
- Knowledge of web security, application security, web services security, common vulnerability remediation, certificate management
- Strong knowledge in OO Design Principles, core OOPS, JEE Design patterns as well as their implementation in real world applications
- Service-Oriented Architectures (SOA), RESTful Web Services, microservices experience
- Undergraduate degree or higher
- Healthcare industry experience
- Team leadership experience
- Experience creating and presenting presentations and demos of software deliverables.
- Experience in / knowledge of large scale direct to consumer web techniques
- Possesses capability to work on full business and/or technology stack
- Provides guidance, assistance and consultation to others (i.e., SME, mentor)
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients, and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state, and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidat es prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You’ll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It’s time to do your life’s best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.