We are FIS. Our technology powers the world’s economy and our teams bring innovation to life. We champion diversity to deliver the best products and solutions for our colleagues, clients and communities. If you’re ready to start learning, growing and making an impact with a career in fintech, we’d like to know: Are you FIS?
About the team:
The team size ranges from 8-10 people. You will be pair programming with another developer. Each team generally has 3 development pairs, 2 QA, a Scrum Master, and a technical team lead. Development pairs are adjusted each PI (Program Increment) so that technical knowledge and experience are shared across team members. PI’s are roughly 3 months long, following SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) process guidelines. Additionally, the Scrum process is used by development teams, with 2-week Sprint iterations.
NOTE: This role can be worked remotely from anywhere in North America
What you will be doing:
- Design, develop, and test software for scalability, reliability, and data recovery associated with a high-volume, high-availability platform
- Collaborate with other internal teams (Product, Platform, Merchant Services and Support) to convert business requirements into technical solutions
- Use Agile software techniques such as pair programming and test driven development to maximize productivity and quality
- Deploy new features into production with zero platform downtime and no impact to end customers who are currently processing
- Build domain expertise in e-commerce payments and apply engineering expertise to develop new product features
- Work in a "team focused" culture, where strong collaboration and communication are critical
What you bring:
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering, computer science or other related discipline or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- 5 years of relevant on the job experience in Software Engineering, not including internships.
- Exceptional design and programming skills (Java strongly preferred, but we are open to other Object-Oriented languages)
- Experience with Microservices architecture, globally distributed services, and 24/7 support
- Experience with RESTful API design, and cloud technologies like Kubernetes, Kafka
- Proficiency with SQL, relational data modelling, and database schema design
Added bonus if you have:
- Experience with design and implementation of monitoring and responsive, self-healing resilient immutable platforms
- Knowledge of scalability levers in high volume, low latency transactional systems
- Working in AWS, OpenShift Platform.
- Experience with Maven, Gradle, SBT, Webpack, Grunt, Jenkins
What we offer you:
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities FIS is your final career step!
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.