Who we are:
Zilch is an over-the-top (OTT) BNPL product that allows its customers to shop wherever Mastercard is accepted and spread their payment over 6 weeks for zero interest and zero fees whenever they chose to buy from one of Zilch's 5,000+ retail affiliate partners!
We are the first FCA regulated Buy Now Pay Later in the country. We have exciting and ambitious growth plans happening over the next 12 – 18 months and we want YOU to be an integral part of our growth journey as we hit exponential growth.
We are a people-first culture and is continuously investing in our employees as well as their long-term career development.
We’re looking for….
- Someone with bags of energy, is happy, passionate and loves coding
- An engineer who is wholehearted about writing awesome code that they can be proud of
- An enthusiast who lives and breathes software, and obsesses about quality
Day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Analysing software and deal with manual testing for new features, designs and releases as well as exploratory testing to ensure the company’s platform maintains high standards as it grows
- Being responsible for app and software programs testing and advising on testing improvements
- Working in an agile environment on user stories that deliver significant impact for our customers
- Building integrations and APIs that are rock-solid, secure, well-tested, and highly performant
- Continually improving software code, systems, practices, and knowledge
- Working with databases and data to ensure the Company store and process information securely and effectively
- Continuously discovering, evaluating, and implementing new, custom user interfaces for efficiency, development and performance
- Liaising with users to prioritise inbound bug reports and reproduce reported issues
- Working closely with the team in relation to identifying effective testing strategies and providing continuous support to junior staff
- A Bachelor and/or Master degree
- 4+ years’ experience in Java Software Development
- 4+ years’ using Spring Boot
- 4+ years’ using SQP type databases such as Redis or Memcached
- 4+ years’ integrating with external services
- Technically minded with an ability to grasp technical concepts quickly.
- Highly detail-oriented and committed to quality.
- A positive, collaborative attitude and approach to testing.
- Exposure to NoSQL type databases (e.g., Mongodb)
- Exposure to React or Angular
- Exposure to caching such as Redis or Memcached
- Exposure to AWS or other cloud providers
- Competitive salary
- Pension plan and life cover
- Private health and insurance (including optical and dental), and income protection
- 26 days’ holiday per year + 8 days public holiday
- Lots of room for career development, enhancement, and progression
- Day off on your birthday + celebratory birthday cake (or pastries)
- Occasional game nights and lots of social/team events
- Fully stocked kitchen with a selection of beverages and snacks
- Branded merchandise
- 200 for additional home set-up (desk monitor, mouse, laptop stand, desk plant etc)
Zilch is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates.