Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Engineering
Travel Percentage :
1 – 5%
We are FIS. Our technology powers the world’s economy and our teams bring innovation to life. We champion diversity to deliver the best products and solutions for our colleagues, clients and communities. If you’re ready to start learning, growing and making an impact with a career in fintech, we’d like to know: Are you FIS?
About the team
Access Worldpay from FIS is a talented, creative group working together to bring the next generation payment gateway. Our clients range from small/medium businesses and start-ups to some of the largest tech and digital firms. We use global collaboration to support global clients.
Our group is a place where learning and growing are core parts of the journey. We care deeply about things like immutability, automation, test driven development and agile ways of working. More information on our principles is available in and about our APIs in . You can also find more details about our approach and culture in .
What you will be doing
You will collaborate with your cross-functional squad to design, develop, operate and improve the products our customers enjoy using. You will work with the wider engineering team to bring solutions to challenges that require cross squad collaboration. As a member of the squad you will also have deep understanding of the product and industry you are building for. You will also have the opportunity to be a teacher for less experienced engineers.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaboratively develop the features and engineering capabilities for the products your squad own. We aim to employ automation for everything
- Collaborate in all stages of development from requirement discussions with the Product Owner to the deployment of the feature in the cloud
- Join the on-call rota to support the highly available products developed by the squad
- Provide your squad with the tools to enable data driven decision making
- Supporting and mentoring more junior engineers within the squad
- Drive decisions around technologies, patterns and approaches to adopt in collaboration with your fellow engineers from other squads
What you bring:
- 1-2 years Development experience.
- Experience designing, implementing and operating large scale and highly available microservices deployed to the cloud
- Experience building microservices with Docker, Spring Boot and Java.
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- An engineering skillset that is focused on quality and a test first philosophy, regardless of the activity
- An agile mindset where you will drive both your squad and the wider tribe towards better ways of working
- An inquisitive personality that is always looking for constant improvement opportunity
Added bonus if you have:
- Experience with Terraform, Kubernetes and AWS
- Experience with Kafka or any other messaging oriented middleware
- Experience with reactive programming
- Exposure to the Payments industry domain (especially Cards and other payment schemes)
- Exposure to PCI-DSS
What we offer you
- Attractive benefits including private medical cover, dental cover, and travel insurance
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.
Job number: JC00005987
Date posted : 2021-10-29
Profession: Product Development
Employment type: Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)