About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Software Engineer to join the Personal Lending and Retail Services Group in Consumer Lending Technology
In this role, you will:
- Lead complex technology initiatives including those that are companywide with broad impact
- Act as a key participant in developing standards and companywide best practices for engineering complex and large scale technology solutions for technology engineering disciplines
- Design, code, test, debug, and document for projects and programs
- Review and analyze complex, large-scale technology solutions for tactical and strategic business objectives, enterprise technological environment, and technical challenges that require in-depth evaluation of multiple factors, including intangibles or unprecedented technical factors
- Make decisions in developing standard and companywide best practices for engineering and technology solutions requiring understanding of industry best practices and new technologies, influencing and leading technology team to meet deliverables and drive new initiatives
- Collaborate and consult with key technical experts, senior technology team, and external industry groups to resolve complex technical issues and achieve goals
- Lead projects, teams, or serve as a peer mentor
- Work with Product Owners, Scrum Master, and delivery teams to build new or enhanced product features
- Help develop engineering standards and best practices
- Act as the escalation point-of-contact for application production incidents and issues
- 5+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 5+ years of software engineering experience in developing integrated and secure enterprise or web-based applications using Java/J2EE
- 5+ years of software engineering experience working with Java frameworks including Spring, Hibernate, etc.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience in a distributed services architecture like (SOA or Microservices)
- 5+ years of web service or api development experience (REST, SOAP)
- 3+ years of software engineering experience managing applications in a cloud environment (Azure, Google, Amazon Web Services)
- 5+ years of Agile experience
- Broad development experience with core Java technologies
- Technical design accountability for application components
- Experience with internal cloud hosting solution like Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF)
- Experience with public cloud hosted solutions like (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud)
- Experience with automated deployment CI/CD
- Rich experience working in an agile environment
- Skilled with configuration/deployment management (DevOps) activities using tools like (Jenkins, Maven, Udeploy)
- Skilled with performance and testing automation tools including Junit, Jmeter, Selenium, and/or Cucumber
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.