Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
Candidates will be a part of a team where they will design, development, implement, test and maintain software as a full stack developer following Waterfall and Agile development methodologies. They will also be required to collaborate with Business and IT teams to discuss issues, make recommendations and solve complex problems.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Develop full stack applications following an Agile development methodology in a team environment
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Ability to proficiently resolve technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation
- Reviews, analyzes, and modifies programming systems including coding, testing, debugging and documenting design changes
- Conduct code review to ensure the work delivered by the team is of high-quality standards
- Tests and validates coding to ensure accuracy, compliance, efficiency, and scalability
- Uses technical knowledge, experience, and root cause analysis to resolve development and production support issues
- Willingness to learn new technologies and software engineering practices
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the software engineering team and processes
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergrad degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of development experience with Java
- 2+ years of experience working with SQL server technologies
- 2+ years of experience with Azure Cloud technologies
- 2+ years of experience with containers using Kubernetes
- Experience working in a healthcare background
- Experience with event streaming technologies
- Experience with data transformation
- Experience with Terraform IaC
- Experience with Azure DevOps, Jenkins, GitHub
- Experience with Azure Event Hubs
- Experience developing Microservices
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- Experience with application architecture & design
- Proven ability to effectively work independently or with a team as a software engineer
- Proven ability to effectively articulate and communicate concerns, issues or inquires in a timely manner
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.