ALTA IT Services is a wholly owned subsidiary of System One, a leading provider of specialized workforce solutions and integrated services. ALTA is an established leader in IT Staffing and Services, for both government and commercial enterprises across the United States, specializing in Program & Project Management, Application Development, Cybersecurity, Data & Advanced Analytics, and Agile Transformation Services
IF INTERESTED REACH OUT DIRECTLY TO KSPICER@ALTAITS.COM OR TEXT/CALL #301-252-8762
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT CANDIDATES
Per Federal Government -US Citizenship required
ALTA IT Services is looking for a Java Developer/Team Lead
You will guide or lead the creation and management of technical solutions in response to government and private solicitations, requests for proposal, invitations to bid, or requests for information. You will lead technical pilot projects, as well as support operational technical support requests. In assuming this position, you will be a critical contributor to meeting the mission: To deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions and services that enable our customers to rapidly adapt to dynamic environments.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
- Serve as Sr DevSecOps Developer and Team Lead for one of the project’s implementation teams. Serve as Technical point of contact for one of the project implementation team and field technical feasibility questions on behalf with federal government client all through the development and modernization life cycle.
- Provide support to Solutions Architect in researching and presenting technical options and their pros/cons in Enterprise Architecture Meetings, within the context of client’s technical infrastructure, for implementing functional requirements.
- Take ownership of a small development team’s deliverables all the way from design, architecture, development, infrastructure setup, testing and production deployment
- Define development standards for the assigned development team, and propose process refinements and roles definitions to streamline the development team’s deliverables.
- Actively Participate in the candidate interview and selection process, and mentor and motivate new team members to help assimilate them with the team’s development process.
- Proactively articulate any risks, dependencies and mitigation strategies to the NCI project management based on the status of development team’s deliverables.
- Analyze and focus on technology-driven opportunity requirements and generate capture artifacts (including supporting solution and basis of estimate development) for development/proposal responses
- Lead a small team for program surge requirements associated with technology needs.
- Support the company's CREATE to lead and develop innovation pilot projects with customers as well as being the thought leader for ideation creation.
- Provide support to Solutions Architect in technical proposal development across the capture lifecycle from solution development, reviews, lessons learned, etc.
- Maintain understanding of offerings across the technical marketplace with specific emphasis on innovative development tools, techniques, and automation solutions/ development tools, techniques, and vendor capabilities / relationships.
- Maintain working knowledge of best practices in service delivery, as well as capability enhancements associated with data analytics, DevSecOps and agile development, and system integration.
- Develop technical diagrams and presentation materials as required in support of Project’s Architectural deliverables.
- Lead/Facilitate technical strategy and brainstorming sessions.
- Review and deliver formal presentations of technical approaches on implementation strategies along with Solutions Architect in formal Architectural review board meetings.
- Development Experience in Java 8+ environment involving Full Stack development.
- Development Experience in developing Java based REST APIs involving backend frameworks like Spring boot, Hibernate, JPA.
- Development Experience in writing testcases using JUnit (Java) and serenity/cucumber (for UI).
- GIS Development experience will be a plus
- AWS and Linux Experience will be a plus.
- Provides design, coding, testing and validating programs that solve engineering related problems
- Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results
- Write quality code with a goal of 0 defects and 100% code coverage.
- Execute automated testing on both front-end and back-end systems
- Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment
- Works closely with other engineers, systems analysts, and system end-users for the development of appropriate system architectures and implementation of system designs
- Analyzes user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements
- Designs and codes new software or modifies existing software to add new features; debugs existing software and corrects defects
- Integrates existing software into new or modifies systems or operating environments
- Develops simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories
- Makes recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Develops the architecture, detailed system design, coding, integration, testing and configuration management schemes for software systems
- Perform a variety of complicated tasks with a wide degree of creativity and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Contribute to an atmosphere of cross-functional teamwork within the organizations Agile project lifecycle
- Ability to obtain and maintain a public trust clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering discipline.
- 10-14 years of work experience supporting and/or developing large-scale solutions for DoD or other Federal customers.
- 10-14 years of recent experience & knowledge with the design, development, and technical thought leadership of Federal IT/Government Requests for Proposals.
- 10-14 years of work experience supporting and/or developing large-scale solutions
- Knowledge of, and experience with, technology-based development methodologies/ techniques especially focused on the DoD and other segments of the US Federal Government marketplace with demonstrated capability delivering large-scale solutions
- Direct working experience capturing and executing development efforts (and orchestrating multiple development teams) for enterprise scale environments.
- DevSecOps automation and IA expertise
- Microsoft Office Tools (2013/2016): Expert skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
ALTA IT Services is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other factor