American Integrity Insurance, the premier writer of Florida homeowners insurance, has more than 290,000 customers and is exclusively represented by more than 1000 independent agents who specialize in this complex and ever-evolving market. We offer sound and comprehensive home, condo, rental property and manufactured home insurance to families throughout the Sunshine State. Comprised of nearly over 240 insurance professionals, most of whom work in our Tampa-area headquarters, we have been recognized as a Top Place to Work in Tampa by the Tampa Bay Times and a Best Places to Work in Insurance by Business Insurance magazine for the past eight years.
A Day In The Life
Who Says Insurance Can’t Be Fun? From company picnics to charity events, no one can ever say American Integrity Insurance doesn’t understand the importance of having fun, helping others and giving back. Our company culture is priceless, and we hold true to our six core values: integrity, commitment, teamwork, humility, passion and fun. As a team working to provide home insurance solutions to our policyholders, together we aim to achieve greater heights each day and celebrate each other's accomplishments along the way. It is our mission to continue providing reliable, customer-centric homeowners insurance to Florida residents and paying claims in a timely manner when our customers suffer a loss – and to do so with Integrity.
Learn more about American Integrity Insurance and our job opportunities at www.aiiflorida.com
Your Title: Java Developer
You'll Report To: Software Development Manager
The Java Developer will be responsible for developing web applications, as well as for other programming tasks such as integration using external API’s. Working with IT Business Analysts and other team members, the Java Developer is an essential part of the creation of strategic software for the company. The Java Developer should constantly strive to improve the development process, tools and architecture.
What You’ll Do
- Provides high level estimates for development based on story points or other methods.
- Analyzes business requirements and provides detailed estimates for development.
- Designs web based java applications, screen scrapers and API’s.
- Understands integration points with API’s from vendors such as Guidewire, ISO, Xactimate and credit card processors.
- Identifies risks and roadblocks that could impact deadlines.
- Debugs and solves complex issues within java applications.
- Conducts various proof of concepts on new technologies as necessary and contributes to the creation and adaptation of IT architecture.
- Backs up development and support functions for other business systems as necessary, including policy, billing and claims.
- Delivers high quality code, and performs code reviews and walkthroughs.
- Conducts oversight of consultants when needed.
- In conjunction with the Production Support Team, provides system software support.
- Maintains a current understanding of technology and how it can enhance and offer a range of solutions for business partners.
- Creates efficiencies that result in a decreased time to market; improved quality, enhanced flexibility, and embraces the solution provider mindset.
- Works with senior developers to increase mastery of technical and IT knowledge. Contributes to IT processes and issues to help improve work environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Need To Be a Top Candidate
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/MIS or related field.
Experience: Minimum of Two (2) Years’ experience with Java programming. Insurance or P&C experience preferred.
Skills / Knowledge
- Advanced knowledge and experience developing enterprise web applications using Java, Spring Boot, jsoup, Graddle, Maven, MS SQL Server, MySQL, and git.
- Experience developing web and mobile applications for both iOS and Android using Outsystems and knowledge of the entire application lifecycle in Outsystems including deployment and operations.
- Knowledge of Guidewire products and experience with InsuranceNow is preferred.
- Experience developing web application using React/Redux, Node.js and AWS is preferred.
- Experience implementing CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins, Gitlab, and YAML is preferred.
- Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
- Advanced knowledge and experience developing web services and integration patterns using SOAP and REST protocols and XML and JSON types.
- Understanding of agile software development methodologies.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively interact with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to anticipate and resolve problems.
- Ability to work under time constraints and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to adhere to all organizational policies and procedures.
- Understand the business drivers and how best to meet them.
- Organize multiple priorities and demonstrate initiative in starting and completing tasks.
Working Conditions: Normal business office environment. Must be able to remain in a stationary position for periods of time while constantly operating a computer and or other office productivity machinery such as a telephone. The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery or communicate with coworkers.
Travel: Minimum, as required.
ADA: The above statements cover what are generally believed to be the principal and essential functions of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some people assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of job duties.
American Integrity Insurance Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer