Java Developer / Backend Software Engineer *Remote UK* to £95k
Java Developer / Backend Software Engineer (Agile TDD). Are you a data savvy Java technologist? You could be progressing your career in a senior hands-on role at a growing FinTech with an award winning data analytics platform sold into major financial institutions across the globe.
As a Java Developer / Backend Software Engineer you will be an instrumental part of a small engineering team to build out the core platform. Youll get involved with projects across the platform including designing and building APIs (via gRPC / Protobuf), data processing and supporting services, collaborating remotely with cross functional engineering teams, Data Scientists and business stakeholders. Theres a big emphasis on Computer Science fundamentals, code quality and collaboration using Agile TDD, XP, Scrum/Kanban methodologies; youll be an advocate and contributor to best practice.
There are regular company wide 'lunch and learn' sessions, weekly general knowledge Slack quizzes and Friday 'virtual pub sessions to get involved with; if you live near London or Hull theres also opportunities to go into the office if desired.
- You have strong core Java development skills
- You have a thorough understanding of Computing Science fundamentals such as OOP, Data Structures, Algorithm
- Youre an advocate of collaboration and have experience with Agile methodologies such as XP, Scrum, Kanban
- You have strong problem solving and analysis skills, happy to work with others to create a feature from scratch
- Ideally you have some experience of building APIs, have worked on high volume / performance systems, be familiar with Big Data processing and technologies such as AWS, Docker, Kubernetes although youll pick these up
As a Java Developer / Backend Software Engineer you will earn a competitive salary (to £95k) plus benefits including stock options, private medical care, life assurance, pension and 25 days holiday.
Apply now or call 020 8016 4453 to find out more about this Java Developer / Backend Software Engineer opportunity.