As a Java Developer, your mission is to be part of a core team helping to shape the product, build depth and add new capabilities to the platform which will enable our customers to transform financial industry operations.
We're looking for someone who has a passion for technology, dedicated to producing the best product possible, and the professionalism required in a mission-critical role. All our engineers are full-stack generalists and have experience of (or an appreciation of) a DevOps culture.
As a small team we are looking for somebody with a collaborative mindset, strong communication skills, and curiosity in learning new things. You will be involved at every step of the development lifecycle from concept to deployment into production and you will have exposure to all parts of the system.
Requirements – Java Developer
- Server-side Java design and development (5+ years)
- Knowledge of three or more of: web technologies, user interface development, messaging, data modelling, security, concurrency, resiliency, networking, caching and performance tuning
- Passionate about reliability, repeatability and testing
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Have experience of working in a small, highly productive Scrum/Agile team
- Working knowledge of SQL and relational database technology (e.g. Postgres)
- Comfortable working in a Mac/Linux environment
- Aptitude and ability to learn quickly and a keenness to keep learning new things
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
Desirable Attributes – Java Developer
- Comfortable working in a start-up culture where we lay the path instead of following it
- Hands-on experience from design to operation
- Experience of working with cloud computing platforms/services
- Interested in or have experience of DevOps