- Fully remote working from anywhere in the EU
- Working on cutting edge projects using leading technologies
About Our Client
Since taking our first bet at a London greyhound track in 1946, BetVictor's mission has been clear – to offer our customers the best bet in the market.
BetVictor is one of the world's largest independent bookmakers and an industry leader in betting innovation with customers from over 150 different countries.
BetVictor are using cutting-edge technologies to develop solutions that keep betting fun and safe so they can realise their vision: to be the most reputable gambling company.
We know that looking for a new role can be both exciting and time-consuming, and we truly appreciate your effort by providing a set of perks/bonus that apply to the country you are trying to apply from . We are here to help you with the selection process. Let us to introduce you to an insight of the position you are applying for.
The Sportsbook Development department is made up of 3 separate teams who work closely together in their day to day work. The main responsibility/goal of the team:
- Betting- placing, cashing-out and settling bets
- Events data
- Internal trade tools
What does Software Engineering mean at BetVictor?
The Payments, Risk and Compliance Engineering team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join BetVictor. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be working to give shape to a performant, resilient and scalable platform.
Qualified individuals are expected to be highly motivated, well organized with excellent communication skills, able to contribute and push other team members to the extra mile.
What you'll do as a Software Engineer at BetVictor:
- Design and develop new backend features on highly scalable and self-healing platforms
- Ensure resilience and fault tolerance
- Help on the implementation of a state-of-the-art micro-services architecture.
- Research new technologies and take part of architectural decisions
- Write code with performance, reliability and maintainability in mind
- Perform functional requirements analysis
- Put effort into learning the business, ensuring that the technical view is aligned with the business view
- Write high-quality code and documentation
- Apply analytical skills and be committed with quality
- Manage code changes and perform code reviews.
- Push the team to tackle tech debt and keep the stack up-to-date
The Successful Applicant
- Professional development experience in Java
- Experience with Spring/Spring-boot
- Experience in micro service architecture
- Passionate about deliver high-quality solutions
Our current stack including, but not limited to:
- Java 17
- Kubernets, Docker
What's on Offer
At BetVictor, we put a lot of care and time into who we hire. We believe that in order to be the best in the market, we need to build high quality teams.
We pride ourselves on working with the latest technologies to build ground breaking platforms and to do that we invest in our people to continually improve and develop their skills.
Our setup is fully remote so you can be based anywhere in Europe.
ContactBarry SmithQuote job refJN-102022-5801723Phone number+44 141 331 7978Job summary
- IT Development
- Technology & Telecoms
- Contract type
- Consultant name
- Barry Smith
- Consultant phone
- +44 141 331 7978
- Job reference
- Job Nature
- Hybrid working