On behalf of our client, we are seeking to recruit several Java Developer's to join them initially on a 6-month contract. As the Java Developer you will be able to interpret written & verbal business requirements /technical specifications to design, develop test and deliver developments to agreed timescales. As the Java Developer you will be required to maintain and develop current software products, several legacy C++ products need to be rearchitected in Java.
Role: Java Developer
Pay: £65.54 ph via an Umbrella
Contract: Monday to Friday, 37 Hours a week, 6-month contract
IR35 Status: Inside
SC Clearance: SC once started.
· The implementation and development of current software applications and process for current and future software platforms used within the design / testing a satellite payload during manufacture.
· Writing, debugging and validation of software components migrating to future software architectures and databases, but there may be required some support of the current software builds.
· Working closely with the software testers to resolve defects as well as contributing to the code coverage of products by generating unit tests.
- Demonstrable experience of developing client/server or distributed software solutions in Java.
- Good working knowledge of software architecture and design.
- Good understanding of database solutions.
- Experienced in message-based parsing (JSON & XML).
- Problem solving and the ability to think laterally as part of a team or individually to meet the needs of the project.
- The ability to work unsupervised, within a team on multiple and concurrent tasks to tight deadlines.
- Extensive software development experience:
- Java 8 onwards & JavaEE (5+ years' experience)
- Spring Framework (3+ years' experience)
- Importance of TDD & BDD.
- Scalable, distributed systems experience.
- Relational & Non-Relational Database Models
- Documentation skills (UML)
- Connectivity and protocol stack experience (TCP/UDP)
- Unit & integration testing (JUnit, TestNG, Selenium)
- Agile (Scrum/Kanban : JIRA / Confluence / Crucible & FishEye)
- Understanding of CI/CD (Jenkins / Maven / Nexus).
- Functional Programming
- Reactive Development & Actor Based Concurrency (AKKA)
- Behaviour Driven Development (BDD) with Cucumber
- Mentoring and Lead Capabilities
- User Interface Design
- Container & Cloud Technologies (Docker / AWS / Azure)
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Natalie Dalkin at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry's best-known companies and pride ourselves with working to the highest standard of service supported by an ingrained culture of honesty and integrity.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”