We are seeking experienced backend Java Developers to join our growing platform domain team.
You will work with your team & the Product Development domain to focus on developing innovative and high performing features with cloud technologies and high volume transactional systems that will give our players the greatest gaming experience, helping us reach our bigger organisation passion of becoming ‘King of Casino’.
Although the company has grown, and continues to do so, the tech teams work very much as a small company within. Having end-to-end responsibilities, the team gets to agree on what to build and follows it up with user testing, measuring and verifying the value and outcome.
This is a great opportunity for you to have a direct impact on what to build, how to build it and what they’re being built for.
But why us? Our Team Lead said ‘We work in a high performing live environment, which enables you to deploy and deliver your code straight to production. But this also requires you to write high performing and scalable code to ensure the continuous high quality and performance of our environments.’
We can offer you the opportunity to work with challenging tasks every day, within a tight-knit team of people that you can learn & grow with and the possibility to sit in award winning offices with flexible office hours to fit around your home-life.
Who are we looking for:
We're looking for real software crafts-people that have significant experience in Java and backend system development, coupled with a strong desire to further your continuous learning.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have experience with common Java frameworks such as Spring and JPA
- You’re no stranger to working with relational databases such as MySQL.
- You have experience in building scalable and fault-tolerant systems and are familiar with microservice architectures.
- Additionally, but by no means necessary, Kotlin, Akka, Hazelcast, Elasticsearch, Kafka, RabbitMQ, Consul, Google Cloud Platform and BigQuery.
At LeoVegas we have introduced a hybrid working environment that enables our employees to come together and collaborate in person, whilst offering ongoing flexibility to work from home. We all work from the office on Mondays, and encourage a further day of office working with your team.
- 28 days holiday a year, plus (8) public and bank holidays in England
- Pension contributions up to 6% employee, 6% employer
- Access to development opportunities in a unique working environment, including professional coaching with Authentic and an Employee Assistance Program
- An abundance of drinks and snacks (we’re feeders, sorry diets!)
- Work from anywhere of your choice for 1 month per year
- Overseas incentives. This year, we’re all going to Malta for our ‘Summer Summit’
- Learning and Development budgets for each team
- Social budgets for your team
- Company organised team social nights
There’s more! Upon successful completion of your probation:
- Bupa Private Health Insurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- 250 a year Health and Wellbeing allowance
At LeoVegas Mobile Gaming Group we firmly believe that our diversity is what makes us unique and that everyone and anyone is welcome to enjoy the ride – regardless of age, gender, disability, race, national or ethnic origin, religion, language, marital or civil partnership status, political beliefs and sexual orientation.
We are highly committed to uphold a high level of diversity and inclusion throughout our entire group. Being a global company with a widely diverse customer base makes it essential for our workforce to be a reflection of this.
By doing so, we believe we will achieve the best possible customer experience and create better value to our shareholders by doing so.