Fidelity TalentSource is your destination for discovering your next temporary role at Fidelity Investments. We are currently sourcing for a hands-on Java Developer to work in Westlake, TX!
The Global Middle Office division within Fidelity Fund and Investment Operations (FFIO) is looking for a forward-looking self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment. This individual must combine their collaborative and customer focused mindset with solid analytical and development skills to provide creative and complete solutions to complex business and technical problems.
The Expertise You Have
- Proven experience as a full stack Java developer with strong technical background
- Experience in financial services industry preferred. Derivatives trading expertise from a business and/or technology perspective is a plus
- 7+ years of hands-on development experience in Java/J2EE, Spring framework
- Proficient in test driven development
- Good knowledge of JMS and RESTful frameworks
- Experience working in an Agile software delivery environment
- Knowledge of cloud related technologies is preferred
- BS degree, preferably Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or Information Systems
- Passion for technology and can navigate your way across complex and rapidly changing landscapes
The Skills You Bring
- Proven experience in J2EE, Spring, JMS, Microservices based distributed applications
- Ability to write good test cases – unit, integration and functional.
- Experience in solving complex business problems into simple software solutions.
- Conduct design and code review session.
- Experience working with public cloud providers (AWS preferred) will be a plus
The Value You Deliver
- Performing technical and functional analysis to determine optimal solutions to complex business problems
- Maintain and improve overall software quality
- L3 support for business application
- Help everyone in the squad to meet their sprint goal
Global Middle Office is responsible for middle office trade processing, trade settlements, corporate actions, income collection, cash management, cash and position reconciliations, securities lending, and transfer agent control and reconciliation. Within Cash and Positions, our applications support Derivatives and Repo trades, collateral, and securities lending.
COVID Work Policy
Safety is our top priority. Once we can be together in person with fewer safety measures, this role will follow our dynamic working approach. You’ll be spending some of your time onsite depending on the nature and needs of your role.
Dynamic Working Post Pandemic
Our aim is to combine the best of working offsite with coming together in person. For most teams this means a consistent balance of working from home and office that supports the needs of your role, experience level, and working style.
Your success and growth is important to us, so you’ll want to enjoy the benefits of coming together in person face to face learning and training, quality time with your manager and teammates, building your career network, making friends, and taking full advantage of cultural and social experiences Fidelity provides for you.
Fidelity TalentSource is the in-house temporary staffing provider for Fidelity Investments, one of the largest and most diversified global financial services firms in the industry. We welcome individuals from all backgrounds, including technology and customer service, to fill assignments across Fidelity’s U.S.-based regional and investor center locations. If you would like to experience Fidelity’s supportive and collaborative culture while expanding your skill set and developing your professional network, consider a role with Fidelity TalentSource. Apply today at FTSJobs.com.
We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity TalentSource will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, please contact our HR team at HR@ ftsjobs.com.
Information about Fidelity Investments
At Fidelity Investments, our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As a privately held company with a rich 75-year history, our mission has remained the same since our founding: to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments and Fidelity TalentSource are equal opportunity employers.