An Innovation Team Software Engineer will develop embedded software for control of Bobcat systems for the Innovation team. This includes developing new control systems, system integration, and updating/maintaining software for the needs of the innovation team. We are seeking individuals who are forward-thinking and adaptable to dynamic situations. If Autonomy, Connectivity, and Electrification are in your wheelhouse the Bobcat Innovation Team has a place for you!
Bonus Eligible: Bobcat is offering sign-on bonuses to engineers with 3+ years of experience.
Location(s): Bismarck or Fargo, ND; Atlanta, GA; Kansas City, MO; Greater Los Angeles, CA
This is an open-ended requisition used to engage candidates for future positions at Doosan Bobcat. If your skills and background match an open position, you will be contacted by a Talent Acquisition Specialist. Apply today!
Role & Responsibility
Develop Software to Prove Out Concepts and Demonstrate Capabilities of Various Systems
- Develop software for new and existing system controllers, PLC’s and displays
- Attend/lead project meetings weekly and as needed
- Maintain/create documentation for systems, displays, and controllers
- Manage documentation for these systems using common industry tools for software configuration management. (Git etc.)
- Work with suppliers and 3rd parties to learn about new technology and how the new technologies can be applied to solve real-world problems
- Research and development to understand how new technologies can be applied and integrated into systems for demonstration purposes
- Understand basic wiring schematic and how controller HW/SW interface with external systems
- Develop, perform and document software tests for systems in the lab and field environments
- Assist the Bobcat test department team as needed for the validation of new systems and changes to existing systems
- Systems integration experience preferred
- C/C+, model based and ladder logic (PLC) software development experience preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Use of standard computer programs such as MS Office
- Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- Experience: Entry to Senior Level (0 – 20+ years experience)
- Travel Required: <25%
Areas of Focus
- Analyze design to determine solutions to new and existing problems.
- Communicate these solutions to the various departments within Bobcat to get them corrected as needed.
Doosan Bobcat North America will not sponsor’applicants for work visas, nor provide any OPT, CPT or other immigration support, for this position.
As a part of the Doosan Group, which employs more than 43,000 people in 38 countries worldwide, the company offers its customers products and solutions to help build stronger businesses and communities. Based in Seoul, South Korea, with its North America headquarters in West Fargo, North Dakota, Doosan Bobcat is a leading global manufacturer of construction, agriculture, landscaping and grounds maintenance equipment, attachments and services. The company is committed to empowering people to accomplish more.
Doosan Bobcat North America is home to world-renowned brands, including Bobcat compact equipment, Doosan portable power products, Ryan and Steiner grounds maintenance equipment and Geith attachments. Doosan Bobcat North America is a tradename of Clark Equipment Company.
Doosan is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, citizenship status, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. Individuals with disabilities who require a reasonable accommodation in the application process or who need assistance accessing the information on this website should call 701-241-8700. Doosan is a VEVRAA federal contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans.
Beware of Fraudulent Job Offers and Solicitations
Any legitimate job offer will be preceded by an official selection process.