You'll be joining the 6th largest IT Service Provider, present in more than 50 countries. From our roots in Japan, NTT DATA's mission is to facilitate business change and technology transformation across many industries for a better future for our business, people and community. Some of the projects we have supported include the digitising of The Open golf tournament and applying Formula 1 technology to support medical staff at University Hospitals Leicester.
Everything we do is underpinned by our core values of 'Clients First', 'Teamwork' and 'Foresight' and we achieve these by putting people first.
We support and celebrate our differences and preferences, these are what makes us unique. Some of our initiatives, collectively known as "DO Diversity", aim to create a space for us to learn and get involved in building a truly diverse environment. Our Culture & Ethnicity Network gives our colleagues a platform to share their various backgrounds; Our NINGEN programme allows the new generation of NTT DATA employees around the world to connect and shape the future of our organisation and the "City Gives Back" allows us to support our local community that has been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic…and much more!
What you'll be doing:
You should be self-motivated with a track record of working with a datacentre technology stack and an appreciation of technical support and operations. As an experienced engineer you will have extensive experience of infrastructure technologies gained in previous hands-on technical support roles, coupled with a high-level of technical knowledge and experience of IT infrastructure at an enterprise level.
The role requires you to have the ability to troubleshoot complex technical, multi-site and multi-discipline incidents and problems.
You should be able to demonstrate detailed technical knowledge of Microsoft Server, Virtualisation and Public Cloud (Azure) technologies gained in a hands-on technical support role.
Certification from major vendors (Microsoft, VMware etc.) at a minimum of associate/professional level is expected.
As part of this role you will be required to undertake HM Government security clearance.
You should be able to demonstrate:
- An excellent understanding and practical knowledge of multiple technical subject areas, supported by current multi-vendor certifications at an associate/professional level.
- An in-depth experience of several of the following technologies: Server Virtualisation (VMware, Hyper-V), Windows Server OS, Active Directory.
- Detailed knowledge of deploying infrastructure within a Public Cloud (Azure) and the use of scripting and automation toolsets such as Terraform, Jenkins etc. to deploy Infrastructure as Code.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex, technical, multi-site and multi-disciplinary problems and incidents.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment including virtual / remote working.
- Experience of working within the ITIL framework.
What you'll need:
This role is expected to provide BAU operational support across a wide range of customer infrastructure, including health checks and reporting in parallel with managing incidents, problems, requests and changes in line with ITIL best practice and ensuring that SLA's are maintained.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing incidents and problems appropriately within agreed service levels.
- Perform technical root cause analysis on reoccurring incidents or major incidents.
- Assist engagement with projects to ensure designs of technical solutions are in line with the requirements of the customer.
- Ensure that customer environments adhere to established standards and frameworks, meeting any compliance requirements at all times.
- Ensure technical documentation is completed and updated to professional standards.
- Proactive management of customer environments, identifying potential improvements to deliver increased stability, availability and performance.
- Input into the development of infrastructure roadmaps, customer proposals, impact assessments and statements of work for the delivery of further solutions.
- Contribute to delivering technical excellence across the wider Infrastructure team.
- Delivery of project-related tasks such as the installation and configuration of new equipment.
- To input into the design and implementation of new infrastructure platforms, including the creation of associated documentation (HLD / LLD, support documentation etc.)