About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a IaC/SRE Software Engineer to build and drive strategic transformation of the Foundational Hosting Operations (FHO) processes into Infrastructure as Code (IaC). It will also define and drive SRE principles and methodologies in the transition and implementation of IaC. The FHO organization orchestrates and delivers maintenance to over 80,000 server assets every week.
The FHO Strategy team, which this role will be a part of, is envisioning the long-term maturity of asset maintenance and delivering incremental value that moves us towards that goal today. We're a laid back group that is energetic and driven. We challenge everything in our drive towards simplicity and automation.
We are at the beginning of our transition to true business process automation and are looking for a driven, energetic, and collaborative engineer who can design simple systems and write amazing code. If you want to do some really cool things, think outside the box, and be a part of meaningful change, then we want to talk to you.
This Lead .Net Engineer will fulfill a high-level technical role as an individual contributor and will be engaged in developing, testing, documenting, and analyzing modules and features of applications and tools that are built on modern frameworks and Cloud technologies. This position requires hands-on experience, and the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate strong technical skills, be able to work collaboratively with IT team members and groups across the organization and possess desire and expertise for peer mentoring. This is a unique opportunity to make a huge impact on the broader FHO Technology Organization!
In this role, you will:
- Lead complex technology initiatives including those that are companywide with broad impact
- Act as a key participant in developing standards and companywide best practices for engineering complex and large scale technology solutions for technology engineering disciplines
- Design, code, test, debug, and document for projects and programs
- Review and analyze complex, large-scale technology solutions for tactical and strategic business objectives, enterprise technological environment, and technical challenges that require in-depth evaluation of multiple factors, including intangibles or unprecedented technical factors
- Make decisions in developing standard and companywide best practices for engineering and technology solutions requiring understanding of industry best practices and new technologies, influencing and leading technology team to meet deliverables and drive new initiatives
- Collaborate and consult with key technical experts, senior technology team, and external industry groups to resolve complex technical issues and achieve goals
- Lead projects, teams, or serve as a peer mentor
- 5+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 5+ years of C#.NET experience
- 2+ years of experience writing and debugging MS SQL queries
- 2+ years of experience with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Experience developing Cloud Apps
- Experience working with HTML and CSS
- Experience with data analysis and documentation
- Proven experience operating as part of an Agile Scrum or Kanban Team
- Experience with scripting languages
- Experience developing Tableau Dashboard reports
- Ability to grasp complex issues quickly, recommend solutions and drive for resolutions
- Knowledge and understanding of Wells Fargo Tools including Service Now
- Thoughtful focus on driving simplicity
- This position is a Hybrid position with expectation of 2-3 days in office per week
This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.