Head of Engineering – Manage 5 teams across Web, Mobile and App – Remote – Bournemouth Office – PHP/AWS *Please note that my client cannot offer VISA sponsorship for this positionYour new companyYou'll be joining a Digital Tech Group with over a decade of experience building app-based products and services. They are makers and doers at heart and love building products and services that people want and need!Their highly-rated mobile app and website platform commands a sizable share of the industry market they operate in. They take continuous professional development seriously and want their team to be the best that they can be.Work/life balance is an important aspect in the company, as they recognise that we all have lives and families outside of work. Late nights and more than 40 hour weeks are rare by design. They also offer 100% remote working options on top of this. If a Hybrid set up is more your thing, they also have an awesome culture and a great office in the heart of Bournemouth!They're growing, and doing so naturally from the success of the business. This isn't an external injection of quick cash to bulk up the business count, but more of a reflection of the reward of the hard work of everyone in the business, which led to their most successful year to date.Your new roleThe ultimate aim is to continue to build high performance Web, App, and Mobile capabilities within the business. You'll be managing 5 engineering teams, spanning Web, API, and Mobile. This will ultimately be to deliver software, infrastructure, and technical support that meets the company's objectives.You'll be overseeing the alignment of technology, processes, and components across teams, to enhance the engineering lifecycle. Testability, Reliability, Observability, Flexibility and Scalability are all important within this technical team. This role will be covering all areas of Software Engineering, including architecture, development, automation, deployment, and operations.You will also become a further ambassador for the continued collaboration and culture of the different teams in the business (Engineering, Product and Customer Success).The tech stack they use includes technologies such as: PHP (Symfony), NodeJS, NGINX, MongoDB, Cloudflare, Ubuntu, Amazon S3, DigitalOcean, MariaDB, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon SQS, MongoDB Atlas, and Doctrine 2.What you'll need to succeedAlthough you might not necessarily be a former Software Engineer yourself, you do need to have a strong grasp of the software engineering lifecycle and a background of leadership within the industry, including working knowledge of methodologies and best practice.You'll also be a natural leader and motivator, able to think on your feet, make decisions, solve problems, and prioritise accordingly.Having an ability to apply different continuous improvement techniques, based on context, to reduce cost of change, reduce waste, and reduce deviation where appropriate, would also be a great skill to have!What you'll get in return
- Annual pay rise in line with inflation.
- A pension scheme that increases with long service.
- EMI share options which increase with long service.
- Training budget to help you grow as a person and progress within the company.
- Optional private medical health care through Bupa for yourself & your family.
- Budget to purchase a fitness tracker of your choice.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Funds to purchase optical wear and medical vaccinations.
- Opportunity to work remotely.
- Laptop and personal office equipment provided.
- A fun and friendly office in Bournemouth for staff who wish to use it.
- A culture where work/life balance gets more than lip-service.
- Colleagues and managers who support you to be the best you can be with quarterly reviews, structured CPD and a dedicated training budget to help you grow as a person and progress within the company. ·
- Company-sponsored lunches, away days, and celebrations.
What you need to do nowIf you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.