GBR Recruitment are working in partnership with a well-established progressive FMCG processing business within Cambridgeshire (easy commute from Peterborough, Northamptonshire, Leicestershire & Huntingdon) recruiting for an experiencedHead of Engineering Managerto lead a team of c.20+ Engineers in delivering effective maintenance improvements & maintenance support across a 2-shift system (days & lates, no nights).
This is a key Engineering Management role working on a fixed day shift (some flex needed) is overseeing all PPM, TPM, fault finding, emergency repairs & general maintenance activities across varying machinery & site facilities, including facilities management too.
You will have originally been an experienced time served Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer with strong & extensive Management experience within fast paced high volume manufacturing environments such as FMCG or similar demanding operations.
You should have experience of; mixing plants (liquids & powders), steam boilers, packaging & labelling machinery, shrink wrap machines, conveyors, MHE, baggers, fillers, check weighers, water treatment & other various FMCG machinery plus facilities management too.
This is a hands-on top-level key role reporting into the Director of Operations with the key to success being the ability to mentor coach & develop the current Engineering teams by cross training & creating defined training matrixs for them to work to, in order to drive forward the team to be more effective & efficient, adding real value to the site.
- To manage routine maintenance, PPM, TPM, emergency repairs and checks effectively & successfully on all site machinery, equipment & facilities resulting in a well-planned maintenance system where all checks / completed works are planned and documented.
- Arrange a servicing and maintenance schedule to cause as little disruption to production as possible, reducing downtimes significantly as OTIF orders are a must.
- To ensure any work is carried out safely and correctly enforcing where necessary using disciplinary procedures for direct reports.
- To oversee any maintenance work carried out at the site.
- Driving CI, LEAN, Zero Waste, Qualityplus Change Management
- Mentoring, coaching & developing the Engineers & X-Training them to be the best
- Supporting Capital Investments by suggesting varying ideal types of machinery etc.
- Effectively liaising with contractors, obtaining quotes and ensuring any 3rd party work is carried out to the required standard.
- To control and record any site safety issues in terms of machinery etc.
- To control Engineering expenditure for parts, overtime etc, in order for the Engineering department to remain within the set annual budget or as close to.
- Allocation of duties / monitoring ofthe sites Maintenance Team, ensuring the work is carried out in a safe, timely and professional quality focused manner.
- Development and control of a preventative maintenance programme.
- To support the Production Department by providing a trained resource to participate in routine problem resolution meetings representing the Engineering team in them.
- Supports the production department in establishing robust data capture systems to include OEE and downtime analysis.
- To be a member of the Environmental Management Team and to play an active role in the Environment Management System.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Time served Maintenance Engineering professional with strongManagement or Engineering Lead or Engineering Supervisor experience
- Multi Skilled Engineering skills (Electrical & Mechanical)
- Manufacturing experience within fast paced industries (FMCG)
- Nationally recognised Engineering qualification/s ideally HNC, but negotiable depending on the amount of time served experience
- CI / LEAN / Change management focused & a strong motivator
- Prince2 / Six Sigma / Kaizen skills would be a benefit but not a must have
- NEBOSH / IOSH would be useful
- Knowledge of CDM would be useful
- Commissioning, decommissioning & capital investment support is ideal
- Multi skilled knowledge across Electrical & Mechanical required plus fabrication too
- Strong communicator at all levels (shop floor operatives to MD / CEO levels)
- 33 Days Holiday
- 6 monthly bonus schemes (high % increasing OTE significantly)
- Highly Discounted Company Products
- + More to be shared at interview stage
Interviews are to take place immediately with a January start for the right person
Commutable areas are: Stamford, Rutland, Peterborough, Yaxley, Wansford, Huntingdon, Kettering, Corby, Wellingborough, Rushden, Thrapston, Raunds, Oundle, Islip, Uppingham, Rutland, Oakham, March, Chatteris, Wisbech, Bourne, Spalding, Downham Market, Boston, Sleaford, Kings Lynn, Holbeach, Market Deeping, Cambridge, Godmanchester, St Neots, St Ives, Ely, Stamford, Grantham, Newark & other areas close to these mentioned.
The role could suit an: Engineering Manager, Maintenance Manager, Head of Maintenance, Production Engineering Manager, Manufacturing Engineering Manager, Engineering Lead, Engineering Operations Manager, Site Engineering Manager or similar role titles to these.