In the GPU Team you will be working alongside the best engineers in the world, making market leading products for the most successful companies.
With applications in mobile, machine learning, Internet of Things, automotive, security, and embedded devices, your ideas will make a difference and you will have the opportunity to lead, challenge the norm and ultimately change the world of media processing.
The Arm Mali series of multimedia processors offers graphics solutions to drive the ultimate visual experience across a wide range of devices, scaling from entry-level mass market smartphones through to visually stunning, high-performance smartphones, Android OS-based tablets and SmartTVs. Our Mali’ Graphics Processor is the world’s #1 shipping Graphics Processor.
Please take a look at the following video to see what it's like to work in Arm: https://youtu.be/F4tNBNBgYEY
We are looking for an enthusiastic Software Engineer ideally with strong knowledge of 3D/2D graphics to join our graphics software team in Trondheim.
The role involves cooperating with highly motivated engineers from different backgrounds and customers throughout the world to design, develop and deploy Vulkan and OpenGL ES drivers for the current and the next generation of Arm graphics cores.
Required Skills and Experience :
- Bachelors, Masters or PhD (computer science or electronics engineering) with good academic record.
- Experience of embedded software development for a commercial organization.
- Experience in 2D/3D graphics technology and standards such as Vulkan, OpenGL, OpenGL ES or Direct3D.
- Knowledge of graphics fundamentals, e.g.: GPU graphics pipeline and shaders.
- Expert knowledge of C/C++.
- Strong understanding of computer architecture (CPU, Memory, MMU Cache, etc.)
- Experience of performance analysis, software optimisation and instrumentation.
‘Nice To Have’ Skills and Experience :
- Proficiency in problem solving and debugging skills.
- Willingness and ability to contribute to process improvement initiatives.
- Practical, organized and analytical approach to work.
All arm employees are provided with vital training to succeed in their respective roles. As well as a friendly and high-performance working environment, Arm offers a competitive benefits package in Norway including private medical insurance, 6 weeks of annual leave, sabbatical, supplementary pension, and wellness benefits.