Graduate Controls Systems Software Engineer
Permanent Contract / Full Time
As a key member of the software engineering team, this role will be to deliver software artefacts whilst working to a full software development lifecycle through process and procedural activities.
· Capture, interpret and develop customer requirements.
· Produce technical documentation in accordance with company/customer procedures.
· Specify, design and test solutions for PLC & SCADA control systems.
· Manage data communications with third party equipment.
· Develop PLC & SCADA code from multiple design formats such as Block Diagrams, Flow Charts or Pseudo Code.
· Validate software designs through analysis and test.
· Support the preparation of contract changes and proposals.
· Be aware of and comply with company standards of conduct and all relevant statutory requirements.
· Carry out any other reasonable management request.
· Provide input to project meetings and team briefings.
· Undertake any other reasonable task as requested.
General Operational duties
· Attend Business Management department meetings as required
· Remain compliant with all applicable processes and procedures
Essential qualifications / experience
· Engineering Degree or in a suitable related discipline e.g. Electronics, C&I engineering, Systems engineering.
Preferred qualifications / experience
· Experience or knowledge in Software development Lifecycles, processes and procedures.
· Understanding of systems Engineering approach to software development.
· High Level Programming Language (VB, C#/C++ Programming).
· Understanding of configuration management systems, change control, software testing and verification.
· Adept at problem-solving, able to develop solutions to a variety of problems
· Good attention to detail
· Organised, adept at workload management and prioritising appropriately to meet deadlines
· Flexible and responsive to changing priorities
· Proactive team worker, equally self-motivated and able to work autonomously
· Good interpersonal skills, able to engage effectively with all audiences/stakeholders
· Proficient user of MS office
· Understanding or experience of electrical design generating applications
· Competent in PowerPoint (and face-to-face presentation delivery, where required)
· Fluent in written and spoken English
· Strong customer focus
· Engaging ‘can do’ attitude
Please submit a CV and a covering letter with the following information:
1. What appeals to you about Northrop Grumman and a place on the graduate programme?
2. What relevant skills, knowledge and experience do you have for this position?
3. What skills, knowledge and experience are you seeking to develop on the graduate programme?
· Travel requirements: Occasional UK travel may be required to attend team/customer meetings and training activities
· Clearance requirements: Hold SC clearance or ability to achieve it
· Looking for flexibility? At Northrop Grumman UK we have hybrid working arrangements. Talk to us at the application stage about what may be possible.