GCP Cloud Engineer
Who we are:
Founded in 1974, we invented financial spread betting. Today, we’re the world’s No.1 spread betting and CFD provider, with offices in 16 countries and over 195,000 clients worldwide.
Recognized as one of Britain’s top employers, our success comes from empowering our people to be brave, innovative and inspiring. Join us, and you’ll find a place to showcase your talents with the support of a collaborative team.
Where you’ll work:
As part of our global team, you’ll work in a friendly and lively environment. Our comfortable,
cutting-edge offices have everything you need to succeed:
• Flexible work spaces and hot desks
• Private quiet rooms
• Breakout and refreshment areas
While you’ll be based in our London office, you’ll be working with our IT teams in Bengaluru and Krakow. Join IG, and you’ll be joining the best in an always-moving industry. We’re constantly improving and developing our technology systems, as well as experimenting with machine learning approaches like predictive analytics to gain greater insights into our customer needs.
How you’ll progress:
•Your development is important to us.
•We work in a fast-paced project environment where change is constant, but you’ll always have support to get better at what you do – and be rewarded for hard work.
If you’re up for the challenge, you’ll have opportunities to try new things and broaden your skills.
What you’ll get:
As well as having the chance to attend regular social events and join special-interest groups, you get an attractive selection of benefits working with IG:
• Matched giving for your fundraising activity
• Flexible working hours and work-from-home opportunities
• Performance-related bonuses
• Pension, insurance and medical plans
• Career-focused technical and leadership training
• Contribution to gym memberships and more
• A day off on your birthday
• Two days’ volunteering leave per year
Who you’ll be:
You’ll need experience in:
• Experience designing and operating Google Cloud Platform and its services such as Data Proc, Data Flow, Big Query.
• Experience with DevOps toolsets such as Jenkins, Gitlab, Nexus and other CI/CD tooling.
• Experience with Infrastructure management tooling such as Ansible, Terraform and Puppet.
• Experience with the Hadoop Ecosystem such as Hive, HBase and Yarn.
• Experience of containerised workloads using Docker and Kubernetes.
• Experience with Unix based systems.
Number of openings
1 Full time