Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Our teams are currently working with the latest engineering technologies in private/public cloud as well as in AI, ML, DL, and NLP.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Research, and develop novel solutions independently and as part of a team
- Produce high quality solutions that are robust, reliable, and scalable
- Approach highly uncertain and ambiguous environments with curiosity and a positive can-do attitude
- Collaborate effectively in cross-functional and interdisciplinary teams
- Being able to communicate with internal and external stakeholder
- Demonstrate initiative and solid ownership of deliverables or parts of the deliverables
- Develop both technical expertise to effectively realize business opportunities
- Research, troubleshoot, propose solution, implement and document resolutions of issues or tasks assigned in full-stack engineering space
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 2+ years of experience in application development and taking software from ideas all of the way to production
- 2+ years of experience with multiple programming languages such as C#, Java, Python, Nodejs
- 1+ years of experience in designing and building cloud native solutions
- 1+ years of experience in troubleshooting vulnerabilities identified in could instances and remediating them
- 1+ years of experience in building DevOps pipeline in cloud environments such as Azure
- Experience with AI, ML, DL, and/or NLP
- Experience with ML Ops concepts and implementations
- Experience in healthcare and/or health insurance
- Experience working on an applied research or R&D team
- Experience in data heavy environment (working with large databases, warehouses, data structures)
- Knowledge of engineering excellence, CI/CD, devops, and IaC concepts and implementations
- Understanding of design and architecture skills that promote the reuse and avoiding technical debt
- A passion for learning and solving difficult problems
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.