Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Full-Stack Senior Software Engineer will work with advanced technical knowledge and skills including but not limited to Java, Spring Boot, Angular, HTML, CSS, Typescript, design patterns, micro-services API development, RESTful APIs, and application security concepts.
In this role you will develop software solutions in accordance with assigned projects and sprint goal. The Senior Software Engineer also works closely with the Technical Manager and Scrum Master towards backlog and user story refinement. You will have deep understanding of complete software development life cycle and shall possess demonstrable ability to work independently.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Designing and coding solutions in the enterprise healthcare space in Java and Typescript
- Understand and ensure adherence to enterprise technology standards (e.g., solution patterns, application frameworks, technology roadmaps, capital plans) or follow exception/waiver processes as needed
- Contribute to the product roadmap for the product; own the technical roadmap / solution-side roadmaps
- Hands-on solution development and validation as needed
- Ensure necessary quality assurance processes are implemented and followed
- Unit test software
- Participate in architecture/design reviews
- Mentor early career engineers
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience with back-end technologies, such as Java, Spring, Spring Boot, Rest API Development
- Experience with GitHub / CICD / Jenkins
- Knowledge of Full Stack Engineering Concepts (Front End Web Technologies & Back End Technologies) and hands-on on latest technologies
- Experience working on Micro Services / Product application development
- Experience developing application using Kafka or similar pub/sub technology
- Experience in the design and deployment of Public Cloud Solutions (ideally MS Azure)
- Exposure to IaC (Infrastructure as Code) on Azure using Terraform and Azure Kubernetes Service
- Excellent communication skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.