We are excited to announce a fantastic opportunity, we’re on the lookout for a new Full-stack Graduate Software Engineer, working alongside other developers and our support team.
We are a training & development company based in Nottingham. We offer behavioural style improvements to a wide range of clients across a number of sectors and have exciting plans in place for our ongoing growth. You will have a real passion for improving the customer experience, underpinning the world-class customer relationships that we pride ourselves on.
Our impressive product portfolio covers experiential workshops (in-person and online), client feedback surveys as well as internally facing employee engagement & 360 appraisals and bespoke website applications. The client support team directly supports all of these services, so experience with web-based systems and general technology knowledge is desirable.
The purpose of this role is to support, develop and enhance all in-house applications, both internal and client-facing. This includes but is not limited to, SaaS-based HR software, CRM software, and bespoke projects.
This role is a full-time role (40 hours) based at our office in Colwick, Nottingham.
The principle accountabilities and responsibilities of the role are…
– Ensuring the Delivery and Quality of our Digital Services
– Accountable for all aspects of web development including but not limited to: front-end development, back-end development and database management
– Providing accurate timing estimates on work
– Contributing to internal documentation such as instructions, pitch documentation and technical specifications
– Following our in-house software development standards and guidelines where possible
– Maintaining a high awareness of emerging industry trends and technologies
– Keeping the appropriate members of the team up to date on the progress of the development tasks
– Demonstrable Experience & Competence
– Experience with modern MVC frameworks (e.g. Laravel or Symfony)
– In-depth knowledge of PHP 7
– An excellent understanding of HTML 5 and CSS 3
– A good understanding of the Git version control system
– Developing solutions that are cross-browser and cross-platform compatible
– Awareness of emerging web technologies
– Experience working with relational databases (e.g. MySQL)
– Some experience with command line interfaces is required
– Knowledge of PHP 8
– Understanding of Linux server environments (Ubuntu, CentOS)
– Familiarity with the Agile working practices
– Experience with test-driven development using tools such as PHPUnit
– Knowledge of web application programming interfaces (e.g. REST APIs)
– Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
– Experience with CSS pre-processors (e.g. Sass, Less)
– Assistance and support with operational venue/office requirements
– Attendance and input into all published internal meetings
– Acting as a key point of contact for incoming telephone calls and general enquiries
– Constantly seeking to develop yourself by learning new technologies and keeping abreast of your developments within the market
The values that the successful applicant will need to be able to demonstrate at least ‘most of the time’ are…
– Be Brave – Challenge ourselves and our clients. Be different & visionary
– Be Generous – Give of ourselves & go beyond
– Be Great – Good is the enemy of great. We set the bar high to create advocates
– Be Human – Put people first. Seek to understand with humility & emotion
– Be There – Be in the moment in everything we do, or don’t do it at all
We have high people engagement here with our organisation, and for good reasons, which include…
– Great Working Environment – Modern offices, high-quality facilities and equipment, so you can have what you need to do your job
– We Live our Values – If your values are our values, you’ll be challenged and encouraged to live by them, and everyone around you will do all they can to live them too
– Freedom & Empowerment – You’ll be empowered and encouraged to make appropriate decisions and spend some of your time pursuing your own projects
– Learning – You’ll be supported to improve what you do and learn new things
– Consultation – You’ll be asked regularly for your ideas and opinions
– Remuneration – We’ll pay you a decent salary, a contributory pension and 23 days holiday plus bank holidays
– A little extra – Team nights out, free parking, decent coffee and space for quiet time when you need it, including personalised benefits where we can do it
To be considered for this role, please apply today.