Our vision is to become the UK’s best car insurance provider, and we believe that a major component to achieve this will be state of the art graphical user interfaces, tailored to seamlessly aid our customers on their journey for better insurance satisfaction.
It is for this reason that we are searching for developers that take pride in delivering top quality products, artisans of software; out-of-the-box thinkers and problem solvers who also place utmost importance in collaboration with others. Our FE applications are built using cutting-edge tools on top of the React ecosystem, as we value its battle tested efficiency and malleability. In the same manner, we expect our developers to be able to adapt to the frantic changes in conditions that the web is subject to on a regular basis.
Prima is an Italian tech company that has been disrupting the car insurance industry since its launch in 2015. We now boast over 1 million active clients and achieved a €100M investment from Goldman Sachs and Blackstone in 2018, the largest in Italian tech history. Prima is launching in the UK this year, which is why we are looking for top talents to join our London-based team.
- Develop and maintain the graphical interfaces that comprise our website, single page applications, mobile applications and component libraries.
- Collaborate with other designers and developers to achieve a stylish and functional design system that communicates the vision of Prima.
- Fully integrate our GUIs with internal and external APIs.
- Pro-actively research upcoming web/mobile design trends and technologies and evaluate for adoption.
- Be able to iterate on and improve our FE environments for building, development and deploying; be it with Webpack, XCode and any other tooling that we were targeting.
What We Are Looking For
- Excellent knowledge of HTML, CSS, as well as W3C standards.
- Great experience of at least one of the main FE frameworks, React, Vue or Angular.
- Good knowledge of Webpack and Node.
- A good eye for design and understanding of what constitutes an intuitive user experience.
- Familiarity with Git.
- Some basic notions of BE development.
- Competence with graphic design tooling and notions of web design.
- Good grasp of the contrasting approaches taken by object oriented and functional programming paradigms.
- Experience with software testing, (unit, functional, integration, end to end.)
- Familiarity with languages such as Elixir, Elm, Rust, Go or Haskell.
- Familiarity with GraphQL.
- Familiarity with concepts of (Functional) Reactive Programming.
Prima UK is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.