Play a founding role in building the next generation of the Basement: our game-designed Vertical Community Platform! As a core member of the Founding Team, you will have the opportunity and freedom to disrupt the consumer-social landscape, be a central voice in product and software architecture decisions and construct a new vision for how and why community platforms exist.
As a Founding Member, your role, salary and output will change substantially following our Seed Round – paying the builders of tomorrow is a must.
WHAT’S THE JOB?
└ Development & Delivery
- Develop and ground the Platform's architecture, efficiently playing a leading role in evolving and maintaining the Platform for current and future needs
- Collaboratively develop the Product Roadmap, including future features to be developed
- Lead high-level estimation and participate in guiding development sequences, efficiently identifying areas where technical debt can be addressed and avoided
└ Ownership & Accountability
- Take ownership and responsibility for building, shipping, and maintaining the Platform
- Be accountable for code quality by conducting independent testing and evangelising best engineering practices throughout the Basement’s intimate team
- Participate in recruitment, helping to identify and onboard top Engineers
- Collaborate on the creation and development of the Basement's technical design documentation
- Be accountable for the performance, scalability, and responsiveness of the Platform through Service-Level-Agreements and monitoring
- Communicate broadly and efficiency to provide constant transparency on Platform ambitions, requirements, risks, and expectations
- 2-3+ Years of development experience; Consumer or Consumer Social Startup experience preferred
- Deep knowledge of App Store publishing and iOS Design and Development principles
- Experience with iOS App performance optimisation and metrics
- Meticulous about your software architecture across backend, frontend and the necessary APIs that glue them together
- Practical knowledge of software engineering best practices and design patterns
- Passion for Sneakers, Streetwear and Contemporary Culture
- Highly entrepreneurial with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced performance-driven environment
WHAT YOU'LL LOVE ABOUT US…
High-Growth, Flat Hierarchy · We are a high-growth company that leaves exclusive room for your voice, experiments, and career growth. Our hierarchy is flat and we are led by the efforts of everyone in the room.
Talent Piggybank · Our Talent is everything and our growth has fortunately put us in the eyes of several investors. So, when we land our Seed Round following our Beta, the piggybank will be cracked and all Talent salaries will match their desired lifestyle – paying the builders of tomorrow is a must!
For the Community, by the Community · We are Community-first and believe that all our work must culminate in bettering our local communities, the environment, and the youth.
Steeped in Design Culture · Nike, Beats, New Balance; we are entrenched in contemporary design culture and maintain a close connection with all our Partners to not only understand how to craft future user experiences, but how to iterate and disrupt the consumer landscape of today.
Flexible Working · We love what we do and do not believe in taking hours of transport to do it. Our working policies are flexible and we expect you to spend most of your days doing what you do best in comfort.