Be more than just an employee number! Join Terran Orbital, the leader in innovation, manufacturing and operations in the small satellite industry. We are a pioneer in the miniaturization of space technologies and the delivery of responsive space solutions. We are a unique, fast growing, and trusted team focused on quickly and economically designing, building, launching, and operating state-of-the-art satellites for advanced mission constellations.
Terran Orbital is seeking a motivated Flight Software Engineer for our Irvine, CA location. This position is hybrid, allowing for two days remote. As a flight software engineer, the candidate will join a collaborative team to develop innovative nano-satellite vehicle solutions for multiple projects.
Terran Orbital is developing and flying ground-breaking missions from rendezvous and docking of cube- and micro-satellites to non-cooperative, proximity operations. We also have a host of other unique missions that range from Lunar landers, Mars scientific missions, synthetic aperture radar constellations, visual imagers, weather, and many others.
- Design, develop, and maintain simple, reliable, and fault tolerant software
- Develop software for unique payloads including image processing, aero-braking, and propulsive lunar landing
- Write comprehensive unit and regression tests in existing frameworks
- Integrate and test software in simulation, flight replica, flight, and hardware-in-the-loop environments
- Work with multiple engineering teams to establish software requirements and design
- Work with multiple engineering teams to commission newly launched satellites
- B.S. in computer science or equivalent field
- 2-3+ years of experience developing C++ applications for embedded, high-performance, or critical systems
- Highly motivated self-starter able to perform duties autonomously without supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Desired Skills And Experience
- Hands-on experience using ARM and Texas Instruments platforms for embedded systems
- Experience with Linux and GNU tools such as make, gcc, and debuggers such as gdb
- Experience with scripting languages such as bash and Python
- Employee Equity Incentive Program
- Company-paid comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401(K) Match
- Unlimited PTO
- Cross-training and professional development opportunities
About Terran Orbital:
Terran Orbital is a leading manufacturer of satellites primarily serving the United States and Allied aerospace and defense industries. Terran Orbital provides end-to-end satellite solutions by combining satellite design, production, launch planning, mission operations, and in-orbit support to meet the needs of the most demanding military, civil, and commercial customers. Learn more at? www.terranorbital.com.
This is largely a sedentary role with heavy computer usage. Position may require incumbent to move files, walk around the office, and bend/stand as necessary.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. In addition, please note that this position may also require the possession of an existing United States National Security clearance or eligibility for such a clearance.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the employees in this job. It is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for this job classification. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
This job description does not alter the ‘At-Will’ nature of the position. Employment with the Company will remain ‘at-will’ unless otherwise stated in a written agreement signed by the President of the Company. This means that either the Company or the employee can terminate the employment at any time and for any reason, with or without notice.
Terran Orbital is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.